PDA

View Full Version : LEDs on that are not supposed to be on according to my project

Trueblackpercula
15.09.2014, 03:15
Ok so I have a question and hope to find a answer here. I was admiring my tank tonight and noticed that I have my project set to blue and hyper violet only, but when I look at the LEDs I see both reds are on and one of the whites. I checked my project to make sure and reinstalled my project and still I see the reds and white on. Is there something wrong with my light fixture? Is there anyway to calibrate the light fixture ? Or should I factory rest the fixture and then reinstall my project? Please help thanks.
Michael

I also posted this question on reefcentral as well

GHL Support
16.09.2014, 10:58
Please post some screenshots of your illumination settings.

Trueblackpercula
16.09.2014, 12:19
Ok so I decided to try something new to show you whats oing on. I picked hyperviolet and set it to 1% on at 7:44am and selected this color for moon simulation. now as you can see form the light composer nothing else is on all are set to zero % on with the exception of hyper violet. when you take a look at the pictures you can see that the HV is on and so are what looks to be the whites as well. is there something wrong with the fixture? or does this need to be calibrated or cleaned. thanks again for making an amazing fixture as my sps dreams are starting to come true.

Michael

Trueblackpercula
16.09.2014, 12:24
also here is a copy of my project

GHL Support
19.09.2014, 15:06
Your settings are correct.

At the picture of the LED-cluster you can see that the hyperviolet LED is on and that other LEDs are glowing.

This glowing is simply a fluorescing of phosphor in the other white LEDs. So this is absolutely normal.

Trueblackpercula
19.09.2014, 21:44
Yes that's correct I found this out when I removed one of the cluster turn the fixture on and the LED cluster that was not pluged into the fixture still glowed. THanks for the reply and I should have posted what I discovered for all to see.
Sorry and thanks
Michael