PDA

View Full Version : Profilux IIEX+ (soon to be IIIEX+) and battery backup power system

dipan
15.10.2009, 18:48
I have a battery backup system in place to run my return pump for up to 5 hours or so in the event of a battery backup. I want to try to figure out how to have the Profilux setup properly with the battery backup unit.

My initial thought was to only have one powerbar attached to the battery backup with only the return pump socket powered if the powerbar senses a disconnect from the controller. Then I was thinking, why not have the controller on the backup power also so that it can send me an email or alert otherwise that the power has failed. Is there any way for the Profilux to know that the power has failed and then notify me? Obviously it would have to have backup power in order to detect this and then act on it. In the event of a power failure, then, I would have only specific things running, so it would be necessary to turn stuff off (like lights, skimmer, ozone ... non critical stuff).

Matthias
16.10.2009, 08:49
Hi

ProfiLux II does not recognize that there is a power failure. We are thinking about a solution for the P3, maybe it can also be used for PII.

boboxx
16.10.2009, 10:57
What about having a second plug (that could be removed if wanted) on the powerbar and that would be connected to a extra rellay to triger the faillure in the powerbar that could send the message on the same PAB line as the powerbar... that way each powerbar could be monitored indidualy (multiple powersource/UPS).

Or a small box like the high powerbar with relay connected to the DIN level sensor....