PDA

View Full Version : 3x Mitras Lightbar Daylight + cloud simulation?

Gilles
02.09.2014, 09:41
I want to connect 3x Mitras Lightbar Daylight 160 to my tank. I currently have 2 already with 200w power supply, and 1 splitter.

I have 3 options if i am correct;

1) Upgrade my current power supply to support 300w; then i can connect 3 lamps (=3x 96w)

2) Use the GHL Mitras-Lightbar-ProfiLux-ActiveSplitter
This seems to be only needed if i want to connect more lamps to 1 splitter than the PSU can handle. E.g. if i want to add 4x lamps 160cm, which equals a required 400w power supply.

3) Use a PLM-RS232 + PL-1051 (interface cable) + PL-1048 (splitter) to create a second Serial port.
I am not sure if this will work together with the first serial port also in use for the Profilux.

Please advise.

Regards,
Gilles

Gunther
02.09.2014, 11:02
1) Upgrade my current power supply to support 300w; then i can connect 3 lamps (=3x 96w)

That´s a possible option

This seems to be only needed if i want to connect more lamps to 1 splitter than the PSU can handle.

You are wrong. The ActiveSplitter is to use more than one splitter with one RS232, e.g. cause you have more than four lightbars or the lightbars have too much power consumption for one PSU. It splits the RS232 to control two or more splitter but it´s no power splitter. To go this way you need

1x ActiveSplitter for the RS232
1x another Mitras-LB-Splitter to control the 3th lightbar
1x power supply Mitras-LB-PSU100 as power source for the 3th lightbar

At the moment there is no device to sum two PSUs to one splitter (I think also, there will be none in the future)

3) Use a PLM-RS232 + PL-1051 (interface cable) + PL-1048 (splitter) to create a second Serial port.
I am not sure if this will work together with the first serial port also in use for the Profilux.

That´s also a possible way. But for sure, you also need a power supply

If you can sell the 200W PSU, option #1 is the best from cost side.

GHL Support
02.09.2014, 11:41
I want to connect 3x Mitras Lightbar Daylight 160 to my tank. I currently have 2 already with 200w power supply, and 1 splitter.

I have 3 options if i am correct;

Yes, is possible.

This seems to be only needed if i want to connect more lamps to 1 splitter than the PSU can handle. E.g. if i want to add 4x lamps 160cm, which equals a required 400w power supply.

Yes, is possible. You need the Active Splitter if you must connect more than one splitter (and this if you have more than one PSU).

Yes, is possible.

But the most simple option would be to replace your PSU to a 300W PSU.