PDA

View Full Version : Mitras firmware 1.17 ??

MikeW-CH
20.08.2014, 18:01
Hello,

I have noticed you have posted a new firmware update for the Mitras - but have not explained what it does and what the changes are between 1.16 and 1.17?

Should I update my firmware on the mitras to 1.17? (they are controlled from my profilux which is on firmware 6.11).

Thanks,

All the best,

Mike

Trueblackpercula
21.08.2014, 02:23
I did the software update and the GHL update and see nothing different.

Maybe someone will chime in and let us both now lol

GHL Support
22.08.2014, 07:47
The Mitras firmware 1.17 supports the thunder sound through the GHL Control Center.

MikeW-CH
22.08.2014, 07:56
Thank you Carolin,

Reply very much appreciated.

Will this also solve the bug I have discovered when a random thunderstorm starts on the Mitras, my tunze pumps (interface 1.10v on the profilux, firmware 6.11) do not switch into storm mode. They stay on their current setting being the normal mode i.e. "permenantly alternating" with sinus wave (two pumps - range 100% to 40%) when in storm mode they should be both at 100% (or even cooler - right angled waves alternating between 100% and 80% instead of sinus waves...).

Great product and great updates !

All the best,

Mike

Matthias
28.08.2014, 10:30
are Mitras and ProfiLux linked, means: is P3 with PLM-PWC controlling a slave Mitras?

and you start the thunderstorm on the ProfiLux?

please give us detailled information about your setup

MikeW-CH
28.08.2014, 11:38
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for looking at this.

Yes, the profilux P3 is linked with the PLM-PWC card to the Mitras. Thunderstorm on the P3 are programmed to be random at minimum 18 hours and max 24 hours between storms. they last 15 minutes. The P3 also controls via the V1-10 interface 3 Tunze pumps now set up with your new pump functions in the GHL Control Center, Version 1.0.5.7. I have 3 Mitras 6100-HV (firmware 1.16) set up as slave 1, 2 and 3 to the P3 (3.1N eX - firmware 6.11). Programming of P3 for the pumps and the mitras is done via the latest version of the GHL control center with the light project uploaded to the P3 and webserver.

I don't know if the random thunderstorms are started by the P3 or the Mitras as I don't know how you have programmed that function.

I have also started manual storm via the webinterface (iphone) connecting on the P3 via dydns, going from 1 to 5 minutes, and I have noticed the same issue, the pumps stay in standard sinus mode instead of going on at 100%. The Mitras do what they have to do, great lightning !!

quick side question: On the web interface, is it possible to see the status of the 1.10v interface and find out what current values are the pump 1 and pump 2 currently set up at? It would help to troubleshoot such issues as at the moment I have to open the technical cupboard of the aquarium and look at the values on the P3 itself directly.

I hope this gives you the extra info you need, otherwise do not hesitate to ask for more info,

All the best,

Mike

PS. Keep up the good work, I must say your products are very impressive and the web-interface is improving all the time and becoming a very useful tool !

Matthias
28.08.2014, 15:42
I checked this here on my test setup - all works as expected

I set the pumps:
min: 0%
max: 50%
thunderstorm: 100%

in normal operation the pumps change between 0% and 50%
during thunderstorm they change between 0% and 100%
the relating 1-10V-interfaces react as expected: 0V - 5.5V, during thunderstorm 0V - 10V
-> all works perfect

the thunderstorm are "made" by the ProfiLux when the Mitras are slave

On the web interface, is it possible to see the status of the 1.10v interface and find out what current values are the pump 1 and pump 2 currently set up at? It would help to troubleshoot such issues as at the moment I have to open the technical cupboard of the aquarium and look at the values on the P3 itself directly.
no, but you can check these values with GHL Control Center

are you sure your settings are ok?
please post some relevant screenshots

MikeW-CH
29.08.2014, 08:26
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the info above. It is now clearer to me. I've now understood, and also tested this on the P3 and Mitras, the above.

My standard set up is pump 1 and 2 on alternating flows with sinus wave. The daytime max is fixed at 100% and the min at 40%. I've now understood that the storm set up pump value is equal to changing the "max" variable during the length of the storm. So during daytime, when I've go "max" at 100% and a storm comes on, well it will change nothing as the max is already at 100% so it will alternate between the "min" and the "max" (the "min" being a constant except in "manual feed" mode). It's only at nigh time, when I set the "max" to 50% and the sinus wave moves from 50% to 40% (the constant "min") that the storm will be an alternating sinus wave going from 100% to 40% - so as if it's a daytime flow.

So, yes, to confirm your question, it means my settings are OK for the current mode of operations of the P3 with pumps in storm mode. So, apologies for having raised what I though was a potential bug due to my misunderstanding of the system.

Still, what would be ideal, is that we are able to also set a different "min" variable for the "storm" mode, and even "night time normal mode" instead of the "min" value always staying the constant in all operations mode. (ie at night I might have the pumps staying constant at 50% with no sinus waves while for "storm mode" I might have the "max" at 100% and the "min" at 80% with "right-angled waves" for the duration of the "storm").

Maybe the best solution would be in a future update to be able to "assign" for the duration of the "storm" mode the pumps to a different "pump group" - thus allowing the usage of different settings and the same for "night" mode (ie have a "storm mode" group and a "night" time group) That would give your clients / users a full flexibility.

Would this be possible?

On the second point, the values of the 1.10v interface, yes, I have seen that I can see the changing values on the GHL control center, that is useful, but to be honest, hooking up my Mac in PC mode each time I want to check something makes it all very complex. I want my P3 to live it's life and not have to live with a PC connected next to it all the time. I would rather like to see this info in the web interface via my various iphone's, ipad's, mac's etc... . Is it not possible to assign it to some form of "virtual sensor" and display that? On the other hand, if you plan to put this function on "myGHL.cloud" later this year, then I can live with that.

As a last note, congratulation with going forwards with "myGHL.cloud" - I think that is a fantastic piece of news and I look forwards to using it or even "beta" testing it should you need any testers...

Have a great MACNA week end !

All the best,

Mike