PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight

Trueblackpercula
14.08.2014, 02:56
Can anyone help with the moon simulation? Like I don't no what to set it at and for how long what percent Times etc

Can you please get into as much detail about it as you can please.

Many thanks

Monty
14.08.2014, 10:30
Hi,
Choose a light channel you will run the moon simulation on.( color is on your taste) You have to set on moon simulation on that light channel.
Than, lats say you run the normal light schedule from 8:00 to 20:00
Set the moon simulator time from 20:00 to 8:00. All light schedule points (%) of the channel will be than influenced by the simulation program in this time gap.
Further set the last time point and the first not to zero % but ea. to 5%.
That means that the light channel will be on all the time. From 20h to 8h it will be just at 5%. You can go and play with more time points during the night with different %. It's on you, but not reasonable. The simulation program will do all.
At full moon the light will be at 5% at eclipse it will be off.
This is the basic. Once you heave it up and running you can adjust the time points to fit your taste in the moments of tusk and down of the sun and moon. That is very individual in taste.

I have 4 Mitras and tried to set a moon simulation. But they're to intense. Evan with just 1 % it didn't look right to me at full moon. So I have a separate light for moon simulation.

Trueblackpercula
14.08.2014, 13:28
Thank you so much no I understand it. Can't wait to get home tonight an play around with my fixture.
Michael

Also is it better to use blue or hyper vilot or both?

Monty
14.08.2014, 19:21
I'm sorry and I have to laugh about myself. I didn't mean eclipse but new moon!!

Monty
14.08.2014, 19:52
Blue or hyper violet? It depends on you. HV will be like a disco in the 80th. ;-)
The moon has almost the same light like the sun, just much les. I would try neutral white. (actuality I did but it's to much light even at the lowest setting. But that's me.)

Trueblackpercula
15.08.2014, 02:22
I did the best that I could can someone please check my project and get back to me? Also is there is something wrong with my project please let me know.
many thanks
Michael

gnisten
22.08.2014, 15:41
Blue or hyper violet? It depends on you. HV will be like a disco in the 80th. ;-)
The moon has almost the same light like the sun, just much les. I would try neutral white. (actuality I did but it's to much light even at the lowest setting. But that's me.)

I have played around with the moonlight settings, and find the color that came closest to natural moonlight, is the neutral white, im a diver, and have a lot of night dives i moonlight, and have that to compare with.

Regarding the brightness at lowest possible setting, i too find the moonlight too bright, so im not using it at the moment, maybe i should try to let one lamp only simulate moonlight. (i have 5 mitrasĀ“)....

Monty
23.08.2014, 12:32
I have played around with the moonlight settings, and find the color that came closest to natural moonlight, is the neutral white, im a diver, and have a lot of night dives i moonlight, and have that to compare with.

Regarding the brightness at lowest possible setting, i too find the moonlight too bright, so im not using it at the moment, maybe i should try to let one lamp only simulate moonlight. (i have 5 mitrasĀ“)....

I'm a diver as well and I'm totally with you.
Even the lowest setting is to much.
I have 4 Mitras and it's an overkill.
Maybe one would work, but if you run them in master slave mode you can not run just one with moonlight.

I solved it by using an RGB LED strip run by a LEDControl4 as an additional moonlight.

Trueblackpercula
23.08.2014, 12:48
I only have one mitras and I am now runni g moonlight at 1% and it seems to be fine.

Monty
23.08.2014, 13:08
New moon is at August 25, in two days. So the light is at it's lowest if not totally off depending on it's settings. You will see at full moon wether it's ok or to much. Full moon will be on September 9. ;-)

gnisten
23.08.2014, 16:58
I'm a diver as well and I'm totally with you.
Even the lowest setting is to much.
I have 4 Mitras and it's an overkill.
Maybe one would work, but if you run them in master slave mode you can not run just one with moonlight.

I solved it by using an RGB LED strip run by a LEDControl4 as an additional moonlight.

Thats a good idea, thougt about the same for a while ago, i think i will take it in to action, and get it done, i like the moonphases. Earlier i run the moonphases with ghl simu stick, but it went broke.

M007
01.09.2014, 17:45
Which one is neutral white 6500k or 4400k?

Halfmoon
01.09.2014, 18:44
I think neutral is 4400k, 6500k is daylight. Could be wrong though.