PDA

View Full Version : " downloading in progress " how long does it take please help

Trueblackpercula
29.07.2014, 03:11
Hello All
I Just received a lx6100hv and it took a while to update the drivers but I finally figured it out. I have an older laptop running windows Xp home edition. I am trying to update the fixture to the newer SW and everything looked ok until i got to 4/5 this update is in progress don't interrupt the update in any case. please wait until update has been completed. On the fixture it says "downloading in progress" It has been like this for more the 12 minutes is this normal and what happens if it doesn't stop?
please advise
Also the light fixture arrow keys and logo and the check mark and the X are blue but none of the clusters are on. I think this is normal correct?

Michael

GHL Support
29.07.2014, 09:30
Hello,

was the firmware update now successful in the end or does the problem still exist?

If it failed, then there is still the option of making an emergency update:
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132

Trueblackpercula
29.07.2014, 12:04
Hey thanks for the reply, I couldn't figure it out and spent a couple hours trying over and over. But for anyone trying to update it here is what I learned the hard way :rolleyes: once you connect the mitras to the light composer and select firm wear up date. The dialogue box appears asking what port/com is needed. Well my laptop has four USB ports so I didn't know what number to pick. Here is the little trick, unplug and plug back in the light fixture while the device manager is open and it will tell you what port the fixture is in. In my case it was port number 6 and I thought it was number one. Once I did that that software worked like a charm.
I am happy to be part of the club and looking forward to posting my results of my experiences and sps tank soon.
Michael

GHL Support
30.07.2014, 10:18
Thanks for your feedback, nice to hear that the update was successful now.