PDA

View Full Version : Level sensor problem

Aufgedyng
28.07.2014, 14:34
Hi,

I have a ProfiLux 3.1N with firmware 5.16. Recently my Level sensor used for water refill (Wat. fill(ATO) 1) stopped working. If the water is below the sensor nothing happens until i either remove the sensor connector on the back of the profilux and reinstall it or if I restart the entire profilux. When this is done the sensor works normally for a day or two.

I don't have any extra sensors to test with, any suggestions what else I could try?

Any help appreciated!

--Mats

GHL Support
28.07.2014, 14:58
Have you already tested the sensor in the diagnosis menu? Does it react reliably here?

How old is the sensor? You can also contact your retailer for the claim process if the article is still within the warranty period.

Aufgedyng
28.07.2014, 20:55
It reacts fine after a system restart or if I disconnect/reconnect it. It's no older than a year so it should be under warranty.
Just want to check if anyone experienced anything like this.

--Mats

Aufgedyng
28.07.2014, 21:16
Another issue is that I had to leave for a week so I can now only access the device by remote. Anyway to restart it by remote or reset the sensors in any way?

One really risky way is to set the ATO pump socket to always on for about 5 sec but if i lose connection everything will die :)

--Mats

GHL Support
30.07.2014, 10:41
Anyway to restart it by remote or reset the sensors in any way?

This is not possible via remote control. We recommend to exchange the sensor when you are back in order to guarantee a safe operation.

Aufgedyng
03.08.2014, 10:31
I'm kind of interested how the optical sensor works technically, what could make it partially work? What I've heard they're very reliable. I have an older Profilux 3 with a PL-0082 but that does not look the same as this one, are there several models?

One looks like a black cone and the other one is a grey round bulb like in shape.

--Mats

Dr.Yak
05.08.2014, 10:54
It reacts fine after a system restart or if I disconnect/reconnect it. It's no older than a year so it should be under warranty.
Just want to check if anyone experienced anything like this.

--Mats

Yes. I am having a very similar problem. With two separate level sensors (floats) attached to either the profilux main box or an expansion box I am getting the same problem:

I have set the sensor to inverse as I want it to give me an alarm (and turn off the heater) when the level drops. In the "up" state (i.e. sensor is below the water level so floater is in the up position) it gives a diagnostic on the profilux box display of "2" and no alarm, but in the "down" state (i.e. low water level so floater is above the water and the floater is touching the bottom) it gives a diagnostic of "12" but the alarm still does not go off.

If I do not invert the sensor from the profilux menu it does give me an alarm when the sensor is "up" (although it still gives me the weird "12" diagnostic when it is down).

It does not appear to be a sensor issue as I get the same problem with two different float sensors (one just out the box). The same thing happens with either sensor attached to either the main profilux box or the expansion box.

My questions are:
1. Why does the diagnostic read "2" for one state and "12" for the other. I would expect it to read either "1" or "2", not both - it is a binary switch.
2. Is there a defined state for the float sensor - i.e. "2" is "up" (when the floating part of the sensor it touching the upper part of the sensor nearest to the wire) or does that depend on the position of the float sensor when it is first plugged into the profilux?
3. What could be causing this behavior? Is this a firmware issue of the profilux? - I am using firmware version 6.05.

Thanks for your time.

Aufgedyng
05.08.2014, 12:27
In my case the sensor was faulty, replacing it solved the problem. I choosed optical sensors as I was told they are more "reliable", anyone else that has experienced broken sensors?

--Mats