PDA

View Full Version : Touch Firmware update

Bevinm
22.07.2014, 19:44
Hi. I want to update my profilux touch to the new version but it wont allow me. I have 2 Touch's connected to my system and when I try to update, it says it cannot because there is more than 1 PAB unit connected to the system. I tried unplugging the one but it says the same.
The system was setup by my installers so I don't have 100% knowledge of the system of how the PAB works.
I have updated the Profilux firmware and GHL Control Center to the lastest versions.
GHL Control says I need to have only 1 PAB unit installed to the profilux to do the update. Do I need to disconnect the current PAB from the profilux and plug only the Touch into the PAB socket of the profilux? Please help. Thanks.

GHL Support
23.07.2014, 06:52
Yes, you have to disconnect every PAB device from ProfiLux before the update (Powerbar6D-PAB, ExpansionBox, ProfiLuxTouch, ...).
Only the one PAB device for the update may connected to the ProfiLux before and during the update.

Bevinm
23.07.2014, 08:44
Yes, you have to disconnect every PAB device from ProfiLux before the update (Powerbar6D-PAB, ExpansionBox, ProfiLuxTouch, ...).
Only the one PAB device for the update may connected to the ProfiLux before and during the update.

Thank you Frank. So i wouldn't have to re-assign anything? Just connect one at a time to update? Will the profilux pick it up automatically?

reeferqq
23.07.2014, 11:46
You need to re-assign after updated the FW

DonaldLL
25.07.2014, 04:25
I am rather new to this so let me make sure I understand this correctly. I currently have Profilux3ex ---> PAB6D--->PAB6D---PAB6D. All 4 devices have updated firmware.
I have a Touch that I want add it to my system and it needs the firmware update. Are you saying I have to disconnect the 3 PAB6Ds, basically shutting down my tank, then connect the Touch to the Profilux to upgrade the Touch? Then add the Touch to the daisy chain and then I need to assign all 4 devices? Is that correct?

Matthias
25.07.2014, 08:22
you unplug the first Powerbar in the chain (the powerbar to the ProfiLux), connect the Touch, do the update

your tank will survive these 2 minutes

alereef
25.07.2014, 10:50
you unplug the first Powerbar in the chain (the powerbar to the ProfiLux), connect the Touch, do the update

your tank will survive these 2 minutes

So after the update we dont need to reassign the PAB?
I have 2 PAB in chain and a Touch after the second PAB.
I have only to disconnect the first PAB from Profilux3ex, plug the Touch to Profilux3ex, do the update, unplug the Touch from Profilux3ex, Plug the first PAB to Profilux3ex and plug the Touch to the second PAB, correct?

Matthias
26.07.2014, 10:40
if you update a PAB-device you need not to re-assign

if you update the ProfiLux you maybe need to re-assign when the ProfiLux makes a factory reset after the update

I have only to disconnect the first PAB from Profilux3ex, plug the Touch to Profilux3ex, do the update, unplug the Touch from Profilux3ex, Plug the first PAB to Profilux3ex and plug the Touch to the second PAB, correct?
yes