PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorm mode not working

Robert Lewis
08.07.2014, 09:48
Hi

I'm unable to initiate thunderstorms, or more accurately, lightning flashes over my three Mitras lamps.

The lamps dim ( clouds ) and my MP40s ramp up, but, no flashes. I'm using the button marked "thunderstorm" on the profilux touch to do this and the profilux is fitted with the wireless card, all lamps are set to slave mode and I'm using the GHL template for LX 6200 HV found in the light composer. Also; I went through all the illumination channels and checked the simulation boxes.

Please see attached screenshots.

Thanks

Robert

GazzMan
08.07.2014, 16:17
Try increasing intensity to 20

Robert Lewis
09.07.2014, 13:19
GazzMan

That worked a treat .. it's been about six months of frustration trying to get a lightning flash working .. again, thanks.

One more thing, I want totally random thunderstorms, so what time settings would you suggest?

Rob

Robert Lewis
09.07.2014, 13:30
As Columbo would say, just one more thing sir...

I have three lamps all set to slave, numbered 1,2 & 3 from left to right. The master is the wireless card I installed in the Profilux ...

In "Illumination Run" its set that the 1st lamp ( left ) is set at 0 from master, the second lamp ( middle ) is set at 1 min & the third lamp ( right ) is set to 2 min from master. Under cloud coverage the lamps are set ( in the same order ) as 0, 3 & 6 seconds.

When a lightning storm starts, all three lamps "flash" at the same time but I would rather they flash irregularly. Possible?

Thnaks

Rob

GazzMan
09.07.2014, 16:09
GazzMan

That worked a treat .. it's been about six months of frustration trying to get a lightning flash working .. again, thanks.

One more thing, I want totally random thunderstorms, so what time settings would you suggest?

Rob

Play with the settings in photo 2 under random thunderstorm till you find what you like

As Columbo would say, just one more thing sir...

I have three lamps all set to slave, numbered 1,2 & 3 from left to right. The master is the wireless card I installed in the Profilux ...

In "Illumination Run" its set that the 1st lamp ( left ) is set at 0 from master, the second lamp ( middle ) is set at 1 min & the third lamp ( right ) is set to 2 min from master. Under cloud coverage the lamps are set ( in the same order ) as 0, 3 & 6 seconds.

When a lightning storm starts, all three lamps "flash" at the same time but I would rather they flash irregularly. Possible?

Thnaks

Rob

Try increasing the time between each lamp mate,

Robert Lewis
11.07.2014, 08:14
Thanks GazzMan

Its all groovy now :)