PDA

View Full Version : Controlling 5 Filter pumps

ShaneT
30.06.2014, 04:43
I have a 3.1NeX and control 5 tanks using the Controller and 3 Expansion boxes, the problem I am having is I can only select 4 Filter pumps in the Sockets menu and only have 4 feed pauses in System. Is this because I can only have another feed pause and filter available if I had another Expansion box or is this a hard coded thing. I intend to set up a few more tanks yet utilising the available expansion places in my Expansion boxes but I need extra Feed pauses and Filter pump spots. If I make another PAB Group will this give me extra? If its not hard coded and creating another group wont do it can you explain how to get extra feed pauses and Filter pumps please.

I am using firmware 6.08 and GHL Control V1048

Gunther
30.06.2014, 06:43
Is this because I can only have another feed pause and filter available if I had another Expansion box or is this a hard coded thing.

It´s a limit of the Profilux.There is a maximum number for sockets, sensors, illumination channels and also feed pauses and maintenance slots etc ... a Profilux can handle as maximum.
This is regardless if there are connected expansionn boxes or if there are still free slots and sockets.

I reccomend to use a second Profilux computer for such huge number of tanks

BTW: Even if the Profilux is very reliably: If you use only one PL for such a huge number of tanks, its a "single point of failure" which you should avoid

ShaneT
30.06.2014, 08:23
Thank you for the information, I will use another Controller.