PDA

View Full Version : Is the Powerbar6D broken?

denzil
29.06.2014, 08:21
Hello,

I'm helping configure a friend's 3 eX and it seems that when activating manual override on the Powerbar6D-PAB that's connected to the PAB is connected to the 3 eX which is then being manipulated via PC using the GHL Control Center. When I set things to "Always on" manually, I don't see any of the switch lights turn on. The only light that remains on is the Pwr light and the Com light continuously blinks.

Any insight if I may be doing something wrong or is the Powerbar6D-PAB just broken? I've already tried using both PAB ports on the EX3 and the Powerbar6D-PAB.

For reference, the 3 eX has v6.08 BETA firmware and the Powerbar6D-PAB has v1.08, or at least I think I uploaded it successfully since I see the Com light flicker throughout the update process. These firmwares should be compatible with each other, correct? However, when I go to the System page in the GHL Control Center, all I see is the ProfiLux 3 eX and its serial connection and not the Powerbar6D-PAB.

GHL Support
30.06.2014, 12:08
Have you already assigned the Powerbar as PAB device to ProfiLux?
Have a look here:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=107

denzil
01.07.2014, 03:04
How do I assign the Powerbar as a PAB device in the ProfiLux? "Assign devices" doesn't appear anywhere in the ProfiLux GHL Control Center for me.

GHL Support
01.07.2014, 08:43
This has to be done via the Profilux controller itself.
Under System/ Config. PAB you will find the necessary settings.

denzil
02.07.2014, 08:28
Hi Carolin, that seems to have fixed my issue. I initially thought that all the functionality and setup could be achieved through the GHL Control Center, didn't realize there was still some functionality that was only accessible via the ProfiLux itself. Thanks for clarifying this!