PDA

View Full Version : ProfiLux Firmware 6.08 BETA

DennisO
24.06.2014, 09:59
We are proud to offer you a new major update, the version 6.08 for ProfiLux 3 which you can download in our download area (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=190).

This is new:

- improvements web interface (dosing overview, tablet and smartphone optimization)
- better support for dosing pump control
- 8 instead of 4 dynamic nominal value channels
- 8 instead of 4 variable illumination channels
- thunder-sound during thunderstorm (in combination with GHL Control Center 1.0.4.8)

In order to use all new functions the new GHL Control Center 1.0.4.8 is required.

As previously mentioned:
BETA version - only for test purposes, stability of the program can't be guaranteed!
Despite detailed testing program errors can not be ruled out!
Not suitable for a permanent uncontrolled operation!
If you experience any problems with this version then download immediately the latest stable firmware version to the device!

Himat
24.06.2014, 21:36
hi
i have installed this firmware ProfiLux Firmware 6.08 BETA and set up the dosing pumps , ( possible issue when in overview mode selecting manual dose only activates pump 1)
works fine when selected in individual pump setting.

Nice functionalty for the dosing pumps

thanks

Himat

Artur
25.06.2014, 07:54
hi
i have installed this firmware ProfiLux Firmware 6.08 BETA and set up the dosing pumps , ( possible issue when in overview mode selecting manual dose only activates pump 1)
works fine when selected in individual pump setting.

Nice functionalty for the dosing pumps

thanks

Himat

Hello,

which Windows version you have installed and can you show me a screenshot of your socket functions?

Himat
25.06.2014, 08:59
i am using window 8 in parallels 9

socket function sreenshot

Artur
25.06.2014, 09:26
Thank you for your response, we will check it.

Himat
27.06.2014, 13:04
hi
i have found issue,

not able to get connected to profilux via web ,confirmation ok works on local network ip address just not working from out side
this is for laptop and android phone.

DasNets
27.06.2014, 13:38
hi
i have found issue,

not able to get connected to profilux via web ,confirmation ok works on local network ip address just not working from out side
this is for laptop and android phone.

Did you check your DynDNS settings? Maybe they are corrupted.

Himat
27.06.2014, 13:55
checked the setting they look ok

this did work before update

i can access my synology server ok using same dyndns

DasNets
27.06.2014, 14:17
Is it possible to ping the device from an external device?

Himat
27.06.2014, 14:49
how do i ping from external device

DasNets
27.06.2014, 14:59
how do i ping from external device

You ping with your windows command console.

(Windows Vista, 7, 8)
Therefore click "start" and type in "cmd" - right-click the console cmd.exe and type in ping YOUR DDNS including the portnumber (for example: ping myhost.dyndns.org:80)
If anything works fine and your router doesnt block the ping-command you should get 1 line with your IP adress and 4 lines with the response time.
After this please check if the ipadress is the same than your external ip-adress.
If it is then ddns works fine.

Otherwise maybe you have a firewall blockung your transfer between web an your profilux.

Himat
27.06.2014, 16:08
not able to ping will look further in to this

thanks

CaptCrash
27.06.2014, 16:56
type in ping YOUR DDNS including the portnumber (for example: ping myhost.dyndns.org:80)

Sorry, but the above advice is not quite correct. You cannot ping something with a port number (the :80 part), this will always fail. ICMP does not support port numbers.

eg. substitute your dyndns URL into the following

PING myhost.dyndns.org:80 will fail
PING myhost.dyndns.org will work

Himat, previously you said that you can connect to your synology server ok using same dyndns, so pinging the address externally is just confirming what you already know. The Dyndns service is working and traffic is getting to your network (assuming its the same full URL).

Assuming that this was working before with the old Profilux firmware and nothing else in your environment has changed, then I think the two most likely issues are
1. The default route/gateway has not been set correctly on the Profilux. It should be set to the IP address of your router
2. The internal IP address of the Profilux has changed, are you using DHCP or is it a fixed IP address for the Profilux.

If there has been changes to your router or point 2 is the issue, then you will need to correct the NAT/Port forward and associated rules on your firewall/router so that it passes traffic to your Profilux

If this does not help, then post a copy of your internal IP address details for the Profilux and the router. Include the details for the NAT/Port forwarding.
DONT include your public IP address, passwords etc.

Im happy to do what I can to help

Himat
27.06.2014, 18:02
captcrash

thanks
i have reset setting in profilux and this has got it working again, something may hav not been uploaded correctly.
thanks

muz_zz
30.06.2014, 12:12
Well done GHL Team things in the last six months have come along way from where we were.

Can't wait till this firmware is solid so I can install it.
And we have got some colour ;)

Keep up the good work and looking forward to better things
I would only check the site every 3 months or so previously as not much happened now I'm checking daily as the forum has so much more activity now