PDA

View Full Version : app in google play store

mattau
22.06.2014, 02:23
Hey guys,

Is there a reason the app is no longer on the google play store or am I blind. I know we can get it from the download Page but it's far more convenient to get it from the store for updates and not having to allow apps from unknown sources.

Cheers

Matt

GazzMan
22.06.2014, 06:07
Hey guys,

Is there a reason the app is no longer on the google play store or am I blind. I know we can get it from the download Page but it's far more convenient to get it from the store for updates and not having to allow apps from unknown sources.

Cheers

Matt

Getting it from here is hardly an unknown source, it will be 100% clean

mattau
22.06.2014, 06:10
Getting it from here is hardly an unknown source, it will be 100% clean

Thats fine, except if it doesnt come from the play store, android classes it as "Unknown Source" which means lowing the security of the device (Because you have to tell it to install software thats not from a known source) which can lead to issues later down the track from a bad app.
Im not saying there is a problem with GHL's app, I am asking why they decided to not use the most supported application deployment method in the world for android handsets.

Matthias
22.06.2014, 15:15
Because there are people misusing the reviews in the play store, and we really have other things to do than watch this permanently. This happened in the past, so as a consequence we pulled out.