PDA

View Full Version : Where is the SMS Module manual?

schtals
17.06.2014, 16:52
SMS module came without any installation instructions.
Note I do not have PC available, just a Mac, which we all know is not supported.

So-- how to I make it work?

Antipodes
18.06.2014, 04:45
SMS module came without any installation instructions.
Note I do not have PC available, just a Mac, which we all know is not supported.

So-- how to I make it work?

Don't have one myself but you can find the link in the download area as follows.

Select the downloads tab above, then when loaded halfway down the right hand side is the following statement.

"This is our new download area
It is still under construction.
All downloads can be found in our old download section: Downloads "

Why it is still under construction is anyone's guess.
But click on the hyperlink and you will find the manuals for the SMS module and others.

Matthias
19.06.2014, 13:58
isn't here what you are looking for?

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8

schtals
26.06.2014, 16:38
Ok, I saved those PDFs. I suppose I should follow the directions on the file Manual_SMS-Module_26052009. Seems the extension in the filename "_26052009" indicates this manual turns 5 years and one month old this exact day. Not the freshest information around. Anyway, I managed it so far, I can see SMS Module in the options when I connect to the PC app.

But woops! The moment I click on the SMS-Module tab, I get:
Communications error!
Error code: 28

My Profilux Controller PC all is version 6.0.6.0. If I am lucky, I even get to see the SMS-Module window. It says it's Filmware version is 3.04

I suspect Filmware of the SMS-Module is not compatible with the PC app version?
Maybe I should update the SMS module? But how do I do that? Let's dive into the manual! Nope... the manual does no give a clue.

Maybe RS232 is the problem! Lets try over PAB! Nope. The same problem. Program quits as soon as I select the SMS-Module.

Okay. Lets downgrade the PC app! Lets install whatever older version is available. Ok, here is an installation of version 5.1.7.1!

umm.. seems the application instantly updated itself, but this time SMS-Module tab works! A little victory.
So what happened? Let's test the previous installation. SMS-Module shoud quit with this version! But it does not. Now this is a mystery..

GHL Support
27.06.2014, 14:15
Not the freshest information around.

Since you mentioned that your SMS-module is a PAB-version, then this manual is the correct one:
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=65