PDA

View Full Version : pH calibration

robs.mark
01.10.2009, 02:13
Hey guys i just set up my profilux 2 days back, my pH is reading between 5-6!
I did a manual drip test and it came back at 8.2.. Is the pH probe damaged? I have looked everywhere to try to find a calibration but i cannot see it. What should i do?

GHL Support
01.10.2009, 08:31
There are more than one thinkable reasons for your Ph problem.
Things to check: is your probe clean, have you try to recalibrate you probe? (improtent after cleaning and after a few weeks of using it. Witch ADC is displayed for both fluids during the calibration?)
How old is the probe? Chemical probs getting old during using. (Ph and Redox) Waranty for chemical probs is a 1/2 year. Normal use time is about one year, but i heard of probs working fine over 2 years.

Matthias
01.10.2009, 10:12
I think his question was were to find the calibration function.

First of all a calibration has to be performed, otherwise ProfiLux is not able to measure correctly. The calibration sequence is described in the manual.
You find the calibration function in the pH-menu (press button "pH") in the device (calibration over ProfiLuxControl is not possible).

rafalek01
02.10.2009, 16:43
with PH - the manual is not the best - I followed the manual and it got me nowhere - on the forum - if you do a search there is thread describing step by step what needs to be done and it works like a magic.