PDA

View Full Version : ProfiSimu qusetions - Moonphases, etc.

keener
28.09.2009, 16:52
I have a ProfiluxSimu (the one with the Red, Blue and wihte LEDs) and I'm having some issues with it.

1. I'd like to assign it to the moonphase and thunderstorms but can't seem to get this to work. What I've done so far is assigned it to my L1L2 port (one for red one for blue), and then assigned that to one illumination channel for the red and one for the blue. Now, on the illumination channel there is an area to the right where you should be able to assign it to Thunderstorms, Moonphose, rainy days etc, but that section is completely grayed out and I can't figure out how to get it ungrayed so that I can assign my blue Illumination channel to moon phase.

2. SEcond question is, literature says I should be able to progarm this ProfiluxSimu. For example, there are the different brightness for the blue that you can program. Light blue, deep blue etc. Nothing happens when I try to program it to deep blue. The blue and the white LEDs are on all the time. I assumed that the deep blue means that only the blue LEDs would be on and not the white ones? Is there something I'm doing wrong in trying to program my Profilux Simu? I did unplug everything else from my L ports (i only have one other L port occupied by my tunze pumps; but ya, they were unplugged when I tried to program the LED).

I know that the white is used for thunderstorms but I thought that I would be able to turn the white LEDs off ??

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
K.

trevorp
02.11.2009, 19:28
I have 2 of these red/white/blue LED light bars. I recently purchased a YL2-1splitter and plugged the single end in the L1-2 port and then plugged both my light bars in the other end of this splitter.

My problem is I can't get one of the 2 light bars to light the blue/white spectrum - only red lights up. I tested this using the manual settings under the lighting menu off of the profilux unit itself and set both channels to 100%. I don't have a serial connection to my laptop so I can't use the windows software to configure.

What have I done wrong? Why won't the blue/white LEDs light up on the second light bar? If I plug each in seperatly (each directly into the l1-2 port) then each bar works fine so I know the bars are ok or at least ok in this configuration.

I've tripple checked the connections and all seems fine. As mentioned, I'm using the manual method to simply be able to test immediately. Channel 1 lights up blue/white when at 100% but not on the second light bar. Channel 2 lights up red when at 100% on both light bars.

keener
02.11.2009, 21:01
I have a ProfiluxSimu (the one with the Red, Blue and wihte LEDs) and I'm having some issues with it.

1. I'd like to assign it to the moonphase and thunderstorms but can't seem to get this to work. What I've done so far is assigned it to my L1L2 port (one for red one for blue), and then assigned that to one illumination channel for the red and one for the blue. Now, on the illumination channel there is an area to the right where you should be able to assign it to Thunderstorms, Moonphose, rainy days etc, but that section is completely grayed out and I can't figure out how to get it ungrayed so that I can assign my blue Illumination channel to moon phase.

2. SEcond question is, literature says I should be able to progarm this ProfiluxSimu. For example, there are the different brightness for the blue that you can program. Light blue, deep blue etc. Nothing happens when I try to program it to deep blue. The blue and the white LEDs are on all the time. I assumed that the deep blue means that only the blue LEDs would be on and not the white ones? Is there something I'm doing wrong in trying to program my Profilux Simu? I did unplug everything else from my L ports (i only have one other L port occupied by my tunze pumps; but ya, they were unplugged when I tried to program the LED).

I know that the white is used for thunderstorms but I thought that I would be able to turn the white LEDs off ??

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
K.

I still haven't gotten my ProfiSim light working properly. Still can't enable moon simulation in the software, and can't program my light to only use the blue LED lights. No one out there has this problem ??

Matthias
03.11.2009, 08:20

when these checkboxes are grayed out your firmware in the ProfiLux is not supporting these functions
-> update firmware and ProfiLuxControl to the newest, matching version (currently 4.08 and 4.0.8.1)

Matthias
03.11.2009, 08:25

with the previous version of Simu it was not possible to shut off the white LEDs completely, even in mode "deep blue". With the light color setting you can only achieve a slight difference of the ratio of the brightness of the blue and white LEDs - you may notice that in a dark environment when you change from dark blue to blue/white

Matthias
03.11.2009, 08:27
I have 2 of these red/white/blue LED light bars. I recently purchased a YL2-1splitter and plugged the single end in the L1-2 port and then plugged both my light bars in the other end of this splitter.

My problem is I can't get one of the 2 light bars to light the blue/white spectrum - only red lights up. I tested this using the manual settings under the lighting menu off of the profilux unit itself and set both channels to 100%. I don't have a serial connection to my laptop so I can't use the windows software to configure.

What have I done wrong? Why won't the blue/white LEDs light up on the second light bar? If I plug each in seperatly (each directly into the l1-2 port) then each bar works fine so I know the bars are ok or at least ok in this configuration.

I've tripple checked the connections and all seems fine. As mentioned, I'm using the manual method to simply be able to test immediately. Channel 1 lights up blue/white when at 100% but not on the second light bar. Channel 2 lights up red when at 100% on both light bars.

maybe you try this without the splitter, connect the simu directly - potentially the splitter causes problems

trevorp
03.11.2009, 14:21
maybe you try this without the splitter, connect the simu directly - potentially the splitter causes problems

Yes, if I plug 1 simu alone it works fine. I initially tried plugging 1 simu in L1,2 and the second in L3,4 and had the same problems as now. I was told I needed to buy a splitter so I did but I still get the same problem.

Are you saying the splitter has issues?

Matthias
03.11.2009, 17:51
so to understand it correctly:
1.you plug 1 simu in L1L2 and i t works fine
2.then you plug the other simu in the same port L1L2 and it also works
3.and each time you did not use a splitter
is this correct? or did you try one simu in one port and the other simu in the other port?