PDA

View Full Version : how to hook up and program expansion socket.

joeyvu
25.09.2009, 01:04
Hello
I just got expansion socket for my AC. However, how can I hook up and program it in the controller. I like to turn on the fan at lower temp and at higher temp, it turn on the AC. For example, 80F, fan on, at 80.5F turn on AC.
Thanks
Joey

Matthias
25.09.2009, 07:33
just set the desired temp., then assign to the socket funtion "temp. 1 cooling"

maybe you want to play with other settings like hysteresis or cooling difference
-> please refer to the manual

joeyvu
25.09.2009, 17:30
Forget to mention that I also have fan controller, so I need to plug it to L1 or L2 and chiller to S5 and heater to S6. Can I set the controller to turn on fan at 80F, chiller on at 80.5F, heater at 79F? Also, how can I do that?
Thank you
Joey

Coralleida
25.09.2009, 20:32
To control 2 cooling systems you can use Virtual Probes, the real one can control del Cooler and the virtual probe can control the fans

joeyvu
25.09.2009, 22:00
Thanks Coralleida
that is a great idea...I am still trying to install the fan using its controller through L1/L2. Yet it is still not working yet...I have to go back to the manual and try to find out why....Do you know what is going on?
Thank you
JOey

Coralleida
26.09.2009, 01:35
By default PropellerControl reacts at L1. If you want to start you fans before your chiller you can create a virtual temperature probe.

Add a new virtual probe by copying your Temperature 1 existing (real) one
Adjust your Nominal TEMP 2 to your desired value
Check your hysteresis and cooling difference to match your needs
Then select 1-10 Interface nÂș 1 (if you use L1L2 socket) to TEMPERATURE 2
Then assign your desired powerbar socket to Temperature 1

joeyvu
26.09.2009, 05:10
Thank you
Right now I am be able to run propeller fan. however, I am working on virtual probe now...Still looking to how to do it...
Thank you so much. It makes alot of sense now...
Joey

joeyvu
29.09.2009, 00:17
Thank you all. I figured it out how to add virtual probe now, had to go to add at the controller, not by software in PC.
Thanks again.