PDA

View Full Version : Max number of level and flow sensors

artgor
03.04.2014, 22:57
Hi,

During planning my new configuration of Profilux system I have some doubts about level, flow sensors and other things. Could you please help me and explain as follow:
1. How many level sensors can I have in configuration with Profilux 3.1 N eX plus Expansion Box (using maximum expanding possibilities)?
2. How many PLM-4Level cards can be inserted into Profilux and how many can be inserted (and used) into Expansion Box?
3. How many flow sensors can I have with expanded to maximum (using PLM-4Level card) Profilux and Expansion Box?
4. Does adding second Expansion Box give me possibility to have more level and flow sensors (if second Expansion Box will be equipped with PLM-4Level cards)?
5. If I have two Profilux computer networked is it posiible to program logic on one computer using sensor datas form second computer? Does one computer see sensors, devices etc connected to second? How networking works? Maybe is any document with description of networking available?
6. Is it possible to set current pump speed deppending on level sensor signal? How to do this? (ex. if wather over 1st level speed is X, if over 2nd level speed is Y, if over 3rd level speed is Z)

Thanks

Artur

ShaneT
06.04.2014, 10:17
Please chime in if my underlined answers are wrong, I use a lot of level sensors so Im pretty sure its all right.

Hi,

During planning my new configuration of Profilux system I have some doubts about level, flow sensors and other things. Could you please help me and explain as follow:
1. How many level sensors can I have in configuration with Profilux 3.1 N eX plus Expansion Box (using maximum expanding possibilities)? Seven cards = 28 sensors (if you use splitters on all ports) + 2 built into ProfiLux 3.1 eX (4 sensors worth) if you use splitters on all ports
2. How many PLM-4Level cards can be inserted into Profilux and how many can be inserted (and used) into Expansion Box? 2 cards for ProfiLux 5 cards for Expansion box
3. How many flow sensors can I have with expanded to maximum (using PLM-4Level card) Profilux and Expansion Box? 32 flow sensors (using all level ports)
4. Does adding second Expansion Box give me possibility to have more level and flow sensors (if second Expansion Box will be equipped with PLM-4Level cards)? Yes
5. If I have two Profilux computer networked is it posiible to program logic on one computer using sensor datas form second computer? Does one computer see sensors, devices etc connected to second? How networking works? Maybe is any document with description of networking available? No, the ProfiLux will not talk to each other
6. Is it possible to set current pump speed deppending on level sensor signal? How to do this? (ex. if wather over 1st level speed is X, if over 2nd level speed is Y, if over 3rd level speed is Z) Possibly, using Programmable logic - not sure on that one. Mattias should be able to tell you.
Thanks

Artur

GHL Support
08.04.2014, 13:51
Hello,

please note:

To a ProfiLux 3.1N ex, you can connect max. 16 level sensors (level sensors, flow sensors, leakage sensors).
In the software you can program max. 12 level control loops.

The number of flow sensors is also limited: To this Profilux model, you can connect max. 4 flow sensors.
They can only be connected to the level port 1/2 at the Profilux and at the level cards.
The level ports 3/4 at the Profilux and the level ports at the Expansion Box are not suited for flow sensors.