PDA

View Full Version : Mitras Simu Stick 55

ShaneT
26.03.2014, 14:36
I have been trying to set up a Moon setting with this but there is no mention of how to program it in any manual (I have read them all multiple times)
I have 2 sticks in my tank, 1 is set up for Sunrise/Sunset the other for Moonlight.
Sunrise/Sunset is not a problem but I am baffled by the Moon part. Can you explain the concept that the moon part follows please
It does mention this for the old Moon sticks "As a default setting ProfiLux Moon reacts to illumination1 (resp.3) and ProfiLux Sunrise to 2 (resp.4)."
Does this mean that if you assign Illumination 1 to the Mitras Simu Stick 55 it will follow the brightness of the moon phase that ProfiLux shows on the Box's display automatically,
or do you have to program what you think the moon will do on another channel?

Is there any chance of DETAILED instructions on How do you get the MOON part of the Mitras Simu Stick 55 to work as there is no manual I can find that tells you!

Thanks

Matthias
26.03.2014, 18:25
define an illumination run for the channel we are talking about - at night (during the moon phase simulation) this channel must be > 0%

then activate moon phase simulation for this channel - that's it

ShaneT
26.03.2014, 22:55
Matthias,
Thanks for getting back so quickly. Activating the Moon phase is where I am having trouble, I have attached screenshots of my settings.

1: My Illumination run. I have it at 1% or else its too bright and the fish don't sleep. I found I had the Illumination run set wrong, it is the last attachment. This probably was the problem but can you check all my setting and make comments please.

2: The Moon phase simulation. Is it activated because it has a start and end time? I don't see where else to activate it. I am using firmware V606

3: The 1 -10v interface. I use L2 for Sunrise/Sunset and L3 for Moon.

Matthias
27.03.2014, 07:48
set the check mark "depends on moonphase" in the illumination channel

1% is a very low value. Since this value is multiplied with the moon phase (now explained simplified, read the manual about the moonphase for details) it will be too dark most most days.

The illumination run gives you 1% all the day. If you want the blue lights off during the day you have to change the run.

ShaneT
27.03.2014, 09:23
Thanks Matthias