PDA

View Full Version : Automated download of measurement data to file possible?

themoose
23.03.2014, 17:46
I cannot imagine I am the first to ask if there is a possibility to have the measurement data from Profilux downloaded to a file automatically i.o. that tedious manual way!? Just haven't been able to find it :(

themoose
26.03.2014, 19:08
No reply, not even from GHL?

Matthias
27.03.2014, 08:01
in general it is possible, you can load the file "http://192.168.0.110/sensordata001.txt" (is example, of course use the correct address of your ProfiLux, 001 is the index of the sensor you want to load)

but:

load it from where to where?

in a dedicated web page? with a special self written PC software?

I need more details to give a substantial answer

themoose
27.03.2014, 20:46
Thanks Matthias for your response, you have provided all the info I need!

Purpose: automated downloads of Profilux measurements to Unix environment, some number crunching, combining it with other measurements in my tank setup and providing customised overviews/graphs on daily (weekly or whatever) bases. Inconsistencies in measurements (e.g. pH valve open for x time without expected dpH/dt) will be fed back to Profilux dig inputs to trigger alarms etc...

Matthias
28.03.2014, 07:49
ah ok

keep in mind that the measurement data file gives you all stored data, not only the new data after your last request
-> you have to eliminate duplicates

Gunther
28.03.2014, 08:15
keep in mind that the measurement data file gives you all stored data, not only the new data after your last request

Only as an idea for further development: It would it be helpful (also for the app) to have the possibility to set a limit for download like

http://192.168.0.110/sensordata001.txt?limit=10

This would speed up requests and reduce the workload for the PL

Matthias
28.03.2014, 17:28
we already reduce the transmitted data using a special command before this request, but this idea is good and may be used in a future version

themoose
29.03.2014, 11:52
ah ok

Is clear, Matthias.

Can I dl state of switches / illumination etc in a similar way? If yes are filename definitions for those somewhere documented?

Matthias
31.03.2014, 17:26
there are some json-files

-> have a look at the file system (with ProfiLuxControl), I think the filenames are clear