PDA

View Full Version : App update

Fraservet
18.03.2014, 22:43
Hi, I have just updated the ios app to the new version.
I am running firmware 6.06 on my profilux

When I try to run the app it just shows the logo then a blank white screen and nothing happens.

I have tried reinstalling the app and it doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

keneil01
19.03.2014, 00:13
Same problems on my Ipad.
On my Iphone it works great :-)

Both devices have the same and latest ios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doggydoc10
19.03.2014, 02:39
No problems here.

doggydoc10
19.03.2014, 02:39
Only thing I find odd is that before you were able to increase font size on welcome screen. No it's not available!

GazzMan
19.03.2014, 09:13
Hi, I have just updated the ios app to the new version.
I am running firmware 6.06 on my profilux

When I try to run the app it just shows the logo then a blank white screen and nothing happens.

I have tried reinstalling the app and it doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Same problem here as well

DennisO
19.03.2014, 10:33
I have just tested it on iPad. Could you please uninstall the app and then install it back?

GazzMan
19.03.2014, 13:52
I have just tested it on iPad. Could you please uninstall the app and then install it back?

I have tried this several times with no luck, it does work ok on my iPhone, just not my ipad

DennisO
19.03.2014, 14:38
Which iOS version is installed?

Fraservet
19.03.2014, 15:29
I have also uninstalled and re-installed and no change.
It works fine on my iphone as well.

I am running the most up to date version of ios, just updated this week.
It is an ipad air if that helps.

GazzMan
19.03.2014, 15:47
Which iOS version is installed?

DennisO
19.03.2014, 16:46
App update is submitted to Apple.

TGreene
19.03.2014, 22:20
An UPDATED update..?

thomaswharper
21.03.2014, 19:16
Sorry.... Are you therefore telling me that I am now stuck with an App that does not work? As far as I can see, and searching the App store, the old version is not available to download so I am now stuck with no connectivity whilst away from my Profilux?

I'm sorry but that just isn't good enough! I have spent about £4,000 on your products and this is the only response? I am definitely not happy at the moment!!!

Fraservet
21.03.2014, 19:32
That's a bit harsh. They have corrected the problem with the app, but it takes time for apple to approve the new update.
These sort of issues happen with pretty much every app now and then.
What else do you want them to do?

Also, why can't you access the profilux remotely using the webbrowser? You still get all the features of the app and it's simple to setup.
Seems like a pretty straightforward solution to me.

thomaswharper
21.03.2014, 20:02
Yes you could argue that it is a bit harsh however....

1. Other than saying that there is an update submitted to Apple there has been no other information passed to users - surely at least an expected approval date - any updated at all really?
2. Yes it does happen with Apps, I agree, however surely a robust checking process with both the IPhone and IPad is expected prior to release?
3. They could put the previous App back on the store; I imagine, since it has already gone through Apples scrutiny, it should be easy to arrange.
4. I was undecided between Profilux and Aquatronica but decided to opt with the Profilux based on the lack of problems and the customer support offered. I am now encountering both a problem and a lack of customer support.
5. Yes there are other ways to do things however I don't want the hassle of logging in every time I want to check something; although simplistic compared to others I enjoyed the look and feel of the App and want to use the App. Again it was part of my decision to purchase the Profilux.

I have joined in on several forums supporting both the Profilux and their other items, including the Mitras and the App itself. I am a fan of what it does however, at the same time, as a customer I feel it is only right to voice concern and, as I said above, especially regarding the lack of communication. An invaluable part of customer service, especially when something isn't working, is communication and other than 1 post saying an App update has been submitted to Apple, I can find nothing else.

Regards

GazzMan
26.03.2014, 22:02
New app is out, it works a treat

Irishreefer
27.03.2014, 17:28
I have just downloaded and now have a blank screen? I downloaded the recent update with no Problem

I am using Iphone firmware updated

Any ideas

Paul

reeferqq
27.03.2014, 23:25
Close the app and launch again is ok.

Irishreefer
28.03.2014, 09:42
Got it
I deleted the app from my IPhone and relaunched it by inputting my IP address and everything working fine.

Paul