PDA

View Full Version : Reminders

Robert2014
06.03.2014, 04:48
Hello

I am not sure if this is already possible on the touch or on the web server.

1. To be able to set reminders directly from the touch or from the web server
2. To be able to select reminders and have these displayed on the touch and the web server

Because I frequently travel it would be useful to be able to set a reminder on the web server ( on my laptop in a hotel ) that will be displayed on the Profilux Touch ( at home ) for my wife to see and take the appropriate action.

Thanks

Robert

DennisO
11.03.2014, 13:27
Currently you can set up reminders only via ProfiLuxControl. You can also use it externally if you have DynDNS or static IP address.

The new web interface in FW version 6.06 displays reminders. You are also able to mark them as "done".

Robert2014
12.03.2014, 04:38
Okay thanks, I'll update to the new firmware next week.

Its not that convenient to access the profilux control remotely because I use Apple computers & the profilux control is loaded on a windows laptop that I had to buy specially for profilux control, and is only used to for updates. I understand that I could run windows on my iMac, but I'm not going to do that.

I think I speak for most people on this forum, since its been raised a few times, that we would appreciate seeing some productivity going into the Touch. It has the potential of being an integral piece of equipment, but as it stands, its being left behind.

1. Display / control current Vortech mode
2. Ability to input reminders / or receive reminders from the web server or iPhone
3. Rename maintenance & feed pause keys
4. Name the switches in the manual mode ( people are using stickies at the moment )

I know you're limited by resources and focused on improving the whole range, but a little TLC on the touch would be appreciated by many.