PDA

View Full Version : The future of the app.....

Fraservet
02.03.2014, 00:11
I really appreciate having the app and web browser to check on my aquariums and to switch things on and off without having to switch my PC on or go through menus on tho profilux itself.

However, I really think there is so much potential for a great product that would sell a lot more devices.
I recently saw the AI director app on an ipad and it seems so much more polished and versatile.

I hope that in the future the app can really make some big leaps forward and provide full control and a modern, interactive user interface.

Here are some features that I would love to see

- intuitive, attractive touch screen interface - sliders, buttons, icons - rather than just the current functional, dull interface
- individual screens for all the different functions
- full control of all profilux functions
- light composer control including live changes, previews, sliders, time lapse demo etc.
- graphs and charts including the ability to save and review
- virtual tank setup where you can input all the tank dimensions then drag and drop power heads, light units etc. and let the app know where everything is and help to control things better
- webcam functionality
- customisation - colours, icons etc.

Some of these things would obviously require a fair bit of work, but I don't see why a lot of it couldn't be implemented relatively easily.
Particularly the user interface is pretty easy to add on to existing functions.

Can you give any information on the future of the app and whether we can look forward to these sort of features?

I think you would be surprised how much of a selling point this sort of thing could be, just seeing the AI app made me very interested in their products, even though I am a big profilux fan.

ShaneT
02.03.2014, 02:49
+1. I never use the box directly to program, I always use an iPad or a PC to control / monitor the unit.

keneil01
02.03.2014, 08:33
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redlion
04.03.2014, 00:59
having seen a few others i would agree that a more "polished" app or even just the interface would be very nice to have, one of my friends loves the sort of things i can do with the GHL but when i start showing him how i am evalauting pH fluctuations he wants one but then he sees how i have to do it, (read, save, export, import into xls, draw graph etc etc) he loses the will to do it, unfortunately he is now going to buy a Neptune apex, some of this app is really "eye candy" but to some people it makes them perceive some manufacturers to be more advanced than other (incorrectly IMHO)