PDA

View Full Version : Mitras Coverage

Heliman
27.02.2014, 23:59
Some advice and comments please ......

The Mitras units as designed, have the LED pucks at 105 mm centres (for the short side) and 120mm centres (for the long side).
For a single unit, this configuration produces a light coverage component of high intensity at the surface and propagating in a cone shape to the bottom of the aquarium.

In considering a 2 X Mitras installation, would it not be most efficient to keep this puck distance relationship constant...ie for 2 units the short sides should have the outer pucks of each unit 105 mm apart if mounted II or 120mm apart if mounted = =, same for 3 units etc, etc.

This would give the TOTAL light package the same cover profile across the whole surface as provided by a single unit...ie it would be even across the whole tank surface.

Please note, I am NOT talking intensity here, I realise that this amount of light would probably fry most corals, but the intensity is easily controllable.

I also accept that doing it this way would be power hungry and Capital costly !!

But in theory, if power and Capital was not a consideration, would this not be the most effective and even light cover ??.

aqua_digital
04.03.2014, 15:09
The lamp was independantly tested By none other than Dr Sanjay Joshi in his lab and he found the Mitras had uniform coverage of 36x36". Due to the design and configuration of the reflectors the coverage is uniform and equal.