PDA

View Full Version : Level sensor control

Techmik
21.02.2014, 00:38
Hi, I have a Profilux PlusII and I have a float sensor in my sump return section controlling the auto top up.
I have recently connected a second float sensor via the y-cable and I would like to have this sensor controlling my return pump.
I want to place this sensor as a low level detection, in the event of over drainage of the sump return section this sensor would drop and switch off my return pump.
I don't know how to programme this sensor to do this.
My return pump is connected to a non digital powerbar, socket function 'always on' at present.
Is it possible to do this?
If so, I would appreciate some advice.
Regards
Mick

GHL Support
21.02.2014, 11:14
What about the level function "Return pump"?

Have a look at the manual under 3.1.1 Operation mode:

"Return pump
As soon as the sensor registers a high level, the switchable socket with the function Water fill is switched on. When
the level falls below, it is switched off again."

Socket function would be Water fill and level function would be Return pump.

Techmik
21.02.2014, 19:30
Hi Carolin,
Thankyou for your reply, the settings you suggest seem to work ok.
I have set the switchable socket to 'Fill water (ATO only)' sensor 2 inverted switching
Level sensor is set to 'Return pump' also inverted.
If the float sensor is up the pump runs, if it is down the pump shuts down.
See attached pictures.
What setting should I have for 'Maximum On Time'? if the level drops I do not want the pump to reactivate until I can determine and fix the cause.

Crazy35111
26.02.2014, 19:58
I too need a fix for this. I need to have my optical sensor switch off my return pump and remain off until I can fix the problem. I have tried about every setting I can think of and cant seem to get it to work.
Thanks

Techmik
26.02.2014, 21:41
I currently have my 'maximum on time' set to 0:00:30 and Reset Error Auto unticked.
The level sensor does switch off the return pump when it reaches low position, I have not tested if it will restart the pump after 30 seconds if no action is taken.
I can't seem to enter a high value such as 9:00:00, it will not save these setting values.