PDA

View Full Version : Help remote access profilux

mistral
19.02.2014, 16:29
I have a profilux 3 ex and i don't know how to connect my profilux to internet for remote access (from computer and from smartphone). Can anyone help me step by step and say to me all necessary settings? My internet connection has a static ip.

Thanks a lot!

DennisO
25.02.2014, 09:07
Do you have 3ex or 3N eX? Is LAN card installed?
If you have 3 eX you are not able to access your ProfiLux with the smartphone.

Robert2014
25.02.2014, 10:40
Hi Mistral

If you still have issues with connection then send me a private message and i'll try and help. I'm on traveling on business at the moment but will get back to you asap.

Rob

Gunther
25.02.2014, 10:45
Do you have 3ex or 3N eX? Is LAN card installed?
To be exact, there are three (aka six if you count the ex versions separate) Versions of the PL 3:

PL 3 (ex) - older version / black connector sockets / with LAN socket and webserver - able to connect via ProfiLuxcontrol, Web or App
PL 3.1N (ex) - new version / colored connector sockets / with LAN socket and webserver - able to connect via ProfiLuxcontrol, Web or App
PL 3.1A (ex) - new version / colored connector sockets / without LAN socket, no webserver - able to connect via ProfiLuxcontrol but not via Web or App

If you have 3 eX you are not able to access your ProfiLux with the smartphone.
That´s wrong, the PL3 and 3.1N are able to, the PL 3.1A and the PL II are not.

In general, you should

set a static IP for your PL inside the Profilux (ProfiluxControl->System->LAN)
set passwords for connection of ProfiluxControl and Web access (security!)
forward the port you want to use as Web/App connection (mostly 80) inside your router to port 80 of the chosen internal IP
forward the port you want to use for ProfiluxControl (mostly 10001) inside your router to port 10001 of the chosen internal IP

If you do so, you should be able to connect the webserver by http://<static_ip> (or http://<static_ip>:<port> inf port is different from 80)
For ProfiluxControl you set your static IP and port 10001 (or the one you chose)

DennisO
26.02.2014, 10:36
Thanks Gunther, I have forgotten PL3, thought about PL3.1.

mistral
27.02.2014, 14:27
Thanks to all.

I managed to access to profilux from remote pc (through web interface), but not from android app: connecting, retrieving data, no response from the device!
Do you know what is the issue?

Another question: It is possible to switch on or off any socket through web interface? I can't see all my sockets on my web interface (probably the sockets set as always off don't appear in web interface). Can I display these switched off sockets? and turn on them?

DennisO
27.02.2014, 14:30
Which firmware version is installed? You need at least version 5.17 to access to ProfiLux with the app.

All switch sockets are displayed in switch tab. You can configure overview tab by pressing "settings" button in top right corner of the page.

mistral
27.02.2014, 16:14
I have 5.15. Can I update to 6.05 firmware version directly or i need to install an older version before?

Gunther
27.02.2014, 17:14
You can update directly, but you have to respect the following:

- Perform the update with ProfiluxControl 5.x (not yet with 6.x - a try with PLC 6.x will fail)
- Connect afterwards with the matching ProfiluxControl 6.x (not with 5.x anymore)

mistral
27.02.2014, 18:31
So, I can save all my Profilux settings by ProfiluxControl 5.x and update to firmware 6.05. Then, I have to use ProfiluxControl 6.x to re-transmit all settings to Profilux. That's right?

Gunther
27.02.2014, 19:28
Yes

Trueblackpercula
08.03.2015, 03:06
Can someone help me as I dont know how to connect to my profilux via internet or smart phone app. i do have a LAN line connected directly to my router and both yellow and green lights are on. I also go into the profilux and i do see the isp address.

Artur
10.03.2015, 09:20
Hello,

to connect with the ProfiLux over the internet you need dyndns and port forwarding. First you should check if you router have the ability to handle dyndns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS) and port forwarding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding).
To connect with the app you have to enter the IP of your ProfiLux and the admin password + username of the webserver.