PDA

View Full Version : mitras 6100 vs 6200

StarF
18.02.2014, 09:23
does any one have a picture that shows a 6200 unit running 100% on all channels ? front picture would be best.

i am trying to figure out, if i should "upgrade" my 6100 to the 6200, becaus i like running my 6100 a little more blue, but i feel that i am lossing some "power" doing so, as my corals usaly is around 20cm down in the tank, and my white leds are only on 40% power.

Gunther
18.02.2014, 09:41
does any one have a picture that shows a 6200 unit running 100% on all channels ? front picture would be best.

What do you expect to see? There is no chance to compare two of these units by picture, especially if they are not taken under exact same conditions.
Additional dis-advance is that a normal digicam isnĀ“t very sensitive about UV (but much about IR), so a compare must fail.
Third point is that what you see is not what the corals see - the sensitivity range and level is different.

There are two possible ways:

You can compare the spectrum at https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/products-shop/light-technology/427/led-pendant-lamp-mitras#details
You search for a dealer at your location to see the units in life.

StarF
18.02.2014, 09:49
i know that, but it would still be nice to at least get some kind of idea on how it would look.

as i have no way to find a dealer i can se personal.