PDA

View Full Version : Is there a manual for the new wireless card/light composer in Profilux Control?

scythanith
07.01.2014, 17:55
Is there a manual (english) on how to utilize the wireless control? I installed my car into my 3.1 today and set all my Mitras to slave. Now the three Mitras have a completely different light pattern than before I added the card. I opened up 6.0.1 and went into light composer. My same project is loaded up in the light composer tab, but even after pressing save the Mitras aren't replicating the light program. Any suggestions?

Profilux Control 6.0.0.1
GHL Control Center 1.031
Profilux 3.1N ex FW version 6.00
Mitras FW version 1.15

Profilux PWC card is set to channel 11, address 1, mode master
Mitras are on Channel 11, address 2-4, mode slave

DennisO
08.01.2014, 14:34
ProfiLux PWC and Mitras should have same channel and addres.

scythanith
08.01.2014, 17:57
OK I will connect to them using the USB cable and change them all to the same channel and address. Also, where do I click to import a whole new light composer file into the Profilux Control illumination tab?

scythanith
08.01.2014, 21:38
I have set my PWC card and all 3 Mitras to the same channel (11) and address (1). I have also installed 6.0.4. I now see "light composer" on the top menu. I loaded my project and can see it in the illumination run section. Now here is my question. How do I get the Mitras to actually perform my illumination run? Do I have to click on each illumination channel (1 through 9 for the Mitras 6100 HV?) and select copy illumination run? And if so what illumination channel do I tell it to copy?

Thanks,
Scott

scythanith
08.01.2014, 23:38
ProfiLux PWC and Mitras should have same channel and addres.

On Page 10 of the Mitras Programming guide V105 it says:

"Wireless address – all wireless participants of one group (one group consists of a master and at least one slave) must have different wireless addresses (example: master = 1, first slave = 2, second slave =3 and so on.)"

So what is correct?

scythanith
09.01.2014, 03:28
GHL, I need help here. My corals are sitting in the tank without lights. They can only do that for so long until it starts to have a negative impact.

What do I have to do to get the light composer file I loaded into the Profilux control to run on the Mitras which are now controlled by the PWC card?

Thanks,
Scott

darkpisces
09.01.2014, 06:48
you can use your own .lpc file to load the into P3, but you need to modify them under 12 dimmable set if you've more.
then upload to lights again. it just works after i change P3 as master and Mitras to slave.

scythanith
09.01.2014, 16:54
you can use your own .lpc file to load the into P3, but you need to modify them under 12 dimmable set if you've more.
then upload to lights again. it just works after i change P3 as master and Mitras to slave.

Thanks darkpisces. Here is what I have tried:

Open ProfilucControl 6.0.4
Connect RS232
Click illumination on the right menu and open drop down menu
Click light composer
It asks me to load own project, which I do. Click OK.
Now I see all the light sources of the Mitras, and my illumination runs. I can click on new under the illumination runs. Other than that the only thing I can select on the front page is test illumination run. If I check it and try to run it nothing happens on my Mitras. It says illumination channels must have been transmitted before, but I don't know how to do that.

I have used this light project through GHL Control Center before I installed the PWC card, so I know it works.

I seem stuck at the transmit to Mitras part. The PWC card has a solid green light and a blinking red light if that matters.

Matthias
10.01.2014, 08:09
you make it more complicated than it is, it is really streight forward

let's forget all what has been discussed so far in this thread and let us start right from the beginning

1. use the newest firmware and ProfiLuxControl available, update if neccessary
in "System" you can check if the PLM-PWC appears in the hardware overview

2. connect PLC with ProfiLux

3. go to light composer, load or create or edit or whatever your light composer project

4. click "transmit illumination run to illumination channels", confirm with "yes"

5. Now you are asked "do you want to save the changes to the lamp now?" - confirm with "yes"

THATS IT!

DON'T use "copy illumination run"

To the channels and address:
The channels must be the same in all devices (PLM-PWC and all Mitras) but the address must be unique.

The PWC card has a solid green light and a blinking red light if that matters.
That's fine. Green means "Ready" red means "communicating"

scythanith
11.01.2014, 02:34
4. click "transmit illumination run to illumination channels", confirm with "yes"

I don't have this in my light composer tab. I am running Profilux Control 6.0.4. Could the botched FW update to the Profilux have messed something up? Do you have a link to the Flash tool FW update procedure for a Profilux 3.1N eX? Do you agree that's my next step?

I find it humorous that GHL is tell me that I'm making something complicated. Is this information, like the channel and address information, and what the lights mean actually printed anywhere? It's tough to know what to do without documentation.

Thanks,
Scott

Matthias
11.01.2014, 09:13
I saw that you use XP - I guess this is the main trouble

we can't guarantee that PLC runs with all versions of XP, in some older XP versions which have rarely seen updates not all userinterface items are seen (here: this button)

try it on a PC with Vista at least

scythanith
11.01.2014, 10:10
This will now cost me a new laptop…. the one I currently have running XP won't handle a newer system. I've spent around $7000 on GHL products, what's another $500. And I still don't have the network up and running! That's not GHL's issue, but frustrating none the less.

Matthias
11.01.2014, 11:30
Even Microsoft is stopping now the support for XP after 10 years.

scriptdaddy
15.01.2014, 01:07
Under XP and the GHL control centre the button is missing ... well it just appears to be missing ... it's actually there just not visible .... Just click the area where the button should be and it will bring up the prompt to transmit the information.

I found this problem, so I upgraded to windows 7 and the button appears :)

Ben

scythanith
17.01.2014, 02:52
Thanks scriptdaddy. When I get home in a couple days I will give it a shot. It's just frustrating. I have a nice macbook pro, running parallels and windows but it won't connect with the profilux or Mitras, no matter what flash tools I tried to use. So I have an older pc laptop with windows xp on it that I was using somewhat successfully, and now I am going to have to try to install a newer version of windows (which the laptop can't handle), or buy a new cheap laptop with a new version of windows already installed. I've have ~$8000 worth of GHL gear and now I have to shell out another $400 for a laptop.

Matthias
17.01.2014, 14:07
I don't think you that you need another laptop when you have a Mac with Parallels

we have many customers using Windows on a Mac who are able to use GHL Control Center or ProfiLuxControl

maybe you start another thread for help with your Parallels problems
I am sure there are a lot uf users wanting to share their experience

scythanith
21.01.2014, 01:21
OK, I did the emergency flash of 6.0.5, switched the Mitras back over to slave, added the PLM-PWC card back, clicked on the empty grey space at the bottom of the light composer tab as I was recommended to by another fellow, said "yes" a couple times and voila…. the 3 Mitras sync'd up and are rocking and rolling!

Heliman
09.03.2014, 06:46
I cannot find anywhere on Profilux Menu system or Profilux Control where I can define the channels/settings on the PLM-PWC card. The card installed OK and has flashing red light and steady green light.
Help !!

scythanith
09.03.2014, 19:08
Open Profilux Control >
click on System >
underneath the Profilux tab I have Serial, Humi & Temp, and PWC, click on PWC >
In the lower menu you can select configuration on the right hand side menu >
In configuration it allows you to set Channel and Address for the PWC card.

Channel must be the same as the Mitras, Addresses must all be different. It automatically assume Master role. Also, make sure your Mitras have been set to slave prior to doing this or you will get a disco light show.

Cheers,
Scott

Heliman
10.03.2014, 05:13
I cannot find anywhere on Profilux Menu system or Profilux Control where I can define the channels/settings on the PLM-PWC card. The card installed OK and has flashing red light and steady green light.
Help !!
All fixed...working perfectly...Many Thanks