PDA

View Full Version : unit with a defect.

StarF
04.01.2014, 22:04
I have ben running with a mitras unit for around 7 month now. All this time, the display were "dark" not turned off dark, just dark. Dident think much off it, also the unit were getting pretty hot around 64c. even with the fans at 100% for a while i thought they werent running but they were. Since then i have gotten another unit, so i can better cover the tank, and this unit runs much cooler, around 45c at the same settings as the other, also the display looks way brighter.

This made me think i better check to see if all the fans were running, and they were, but i noticed a electronic piece were lose on the print boeard, i guess this could explain the isue with the lamp. It seems to be running fine on all channels, though. I have included some pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/0zOkqDg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FF0TBe7.jpg

how do i proceed from here?

Matthias
06.01.2014, 17:56
this capacitor has to do with the fan supply, maybe that's why the fans run too slow
but I am pretty sure this device didn't leave our facility in this condition
maybe it happened when sliding back the splash cover

please contact your retailer for details about a repair

StarF
06.01.2014, 18:23
I dont know when it happened, all i can say is that i bought this unit brand new, and it has had the isue with getting how since the start. You even replyed to on my threads, and asked me to open it and see if the fans were running, as they were.

I dont think it happened when i slide the splash cover back, as there were no resistance on it. Also if the unit cant handle being opned how am i to clean it from the dust, who ends up infront of the lenses? The splash cover dosent even come in contact with this resistance?

i would expect this to be something that were covered by the warrenty, and what about the lcd screen? The unit has ben over a system for around 7month around 20cm over the water.

if i cant contact the dealer what then? should i just try and solder it back on myself?

Matthias
06.01.2014, 18:32
repairs (covered by warranty or not) are usually handled by the retailer, especially outside Germany

from where are you exactly?

StarF
06.01.2014, 18:48
I am located in Denmark.

Matthias
07.01.2014, 09:09
shipping from and to Denmark is not a big problem so let us handle this directly

please contact GHL for details

StarF
07.01.2014, 09:12
perfect thank you for the good support.