PDA

View Full Version : Conecting a PAB powerbar & a non PAB powerbar?

The Grizz
30.12.2013, 03:36
So it looks like I have one PAB power bar & one non PAB power bar, am I able to still use the non PAB power bar on my 3ex by plugging it into one of the S connections?

I also have a 4 pump doser, it doesn't say it is a PAB connection so would I be safe to assume that I have to connect it to the S connections as well?

And one more thing, is there a substitute for the connection cables that can be use other then the cable from profilux?

Trying to get my new 300 gal setup and need info ASAP please.

reeferqq
30.12.2013, 04:46
Just connect the power bar and doser to S port and numbering them is fine.

Antipodes
30.12.2013, 04:49
Yes you can connect a PAB bar and a 6D bar and have them operate correctly combined. (My setup is like this)

And Yes installing the Doser is exactly as you describe.

Set up the 6D bar OR the Doser first. If you start with the doser assign the switch numbers you want to use and then do the 6D power bar next. These have to be done separately.

Then setup the PAB power bar with the PAB assignment and set up the switch numbers on that.

Yes, for the PAB cable a Ethernet patch cable cat5e would be perfect.

For the doser and 6D power bar, I think you need a six wire cable with RJ25 plugs. Most phone cables are only RJ 11 (2 wire) or RJ14 (4 wire)

The Grizz
30.12.2013, 07:23
Thanks I got the power bar working, now just have to find some more cables to hook up the doser and touch screen.