PDA

View Full Version : Powermodule help - please!

Wilky
06.09.2009, 14:34
Hi,

I've connected my dimmable ATI powermodule to the GHL profilux Plus II using the EVG driver blank.

My problem is that the dimming range seems very narrow - The unit does dim, so i'm confident that the connections are correct, however the lighting still seems quite bright (maybe 50%?) when it reaches 0% / 1V and therefore is switched off by the driver blank.

The interface voltage is set to factory default (1-10V), i haven't tried altering this because i assume the driver blank won't operate if i raise the minimum voltage.

I also don't know what ballasts are in the powermodule - i don't want to open it as it is still under warranty, but i would assume that all analogue dimming ballasts run on 1-10V?

I'm loving the GHL so far, but really want to get this sorted!

Many thanks,

Ian

Chew
06.09.2009, 16:28
Not all ballasts are dimmable to 1% alot can only dim to 50%.

Wilky
06.09.2009, 16:49
Hi Matt, fancy seeing you here ;)

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case for the powermod, i know some have a limited dimming range but most 'quality' T5HO ballasts have 1-100% range.

Anyone know for sure what the powermodule has?

Anyone know if i can adjust the GHL for it to work correctly :confused:

Chew
06.09.2009, 17:10
Hi fella!

Someone else has writen about the ATI here http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=33

:D

Matthias
07.09.2009, 07:40
Hi Ian

the settings are correct wit 1V as minimum and 10V as maximum. The ballast has to follow the control voltage, at 1V we expect 1%...5% brightness, at 10V 100%.

Make a simple test: remove the 1-10V-control lines of the ATI lamp from the EVG-AP (leave mains connected). Leave them open - you should see full brightness, then connect them with each other, now you should see the physical possible minimum of brightness.

Wilky
07.09.2009, 20:53
Thanks Matthias, i'll have a go. I've also emailed ATI about the ballasts, if i get a response i'll post it up for other's future reference.