PDA

View Full Version : Controlling two non-ghl fans via Profilux

Reef Dweller
06.09.2009, 12:47
Hi,

I have two 12 volt PC fans in my hood that remove the heat of my lights from the hood and I want to control them with the Profilux PIII Plus Ex (when I get it).

Is this possible? What do I need to do this?

I want to be able to control the speed of the fans based on:

the temperature in the hood OR
the temperature of the tank.

If this isnt possible then I would settle for turning them on or off based on the same temp readings above.

Thanks,

Brenton

Matthias
07.09.2009, 07:35
switching on/off depending on the actual temperature is never a problem, just switch the AC/DC adaptor through our switchable powerbar

for regulating the fan speed you need a controller, we offer the "PropellerControl" for this purpose, it is placed between power supply and fans and is controlled by a 1-10V-interface

Reef Dweller
07.09.2009, 09:36
Hi Matthias,

Are there any technical specs on the "PropellerControl" module (inputs voltages, output voltages, etc)?

So basically I can:

Plug the power pack into the power bar so that I can turn the fans on and off based on the temp in the hood.

OR

Plug the "PropellerControl" module into the profilux and between the fans power supply and the fans to vary the speed of the fans based on the temp in the hood

Is that right?

Thanks,

Brenton

Martin_S
09.09.2009, 05:13
I did this in my RSM250

What Mattias say.

i use the powerbar with a 12V transformer.. to the fans.
and then it is easy.. using a programmable logic.. connecting to the temperature

only its just on or off

pyrrhusmj
30.09.2009, 19:55
I did this in my RSM250

What Mattias say.

i use the powerbar with a 12V transformer.. to the fans.
and then it is easy.. using a programmable logic.. connecting to the temperature

only its just on or off

What is the program you used? I am having a difficult time getting my fans to turn on or off depending on temperature. I am obviously doing something.

Michael

Martin_S
30.09.2009, 22:22
What is the program you used? I am having a difficult time getting my fans to turn on or off depending on temperature. I am obviously doing something.

Michael

Its a socket function set to temperature ( chiller )

and it turns the socket on and off if a certain temperature is reached

only thing you need to do is buy a 12V adapter and connect it to the fans ( in the back

Gilles
01.10.2009, 08:34
I bought the propellercontrol for this. it is rated at 800ma so this means when you have 200ma fans, you can connect 4.

In my scenario i have a DALI card for my lights, and dosing pump so i have 1 free 1-10v interface.

First you connect the propellercontrol to the profilux. This can be in a 1-10v interface socket. The other end you can connect to your fans. Or, if you don't have the right connector (like me) you open up the propellercontrol and solder a new connection onto the PCB. This however, REMOVES YOUR WARRANTY. I have now custom fans controlled by the profilux in my canopy.

They always run at low speed if the temperature is oke, so there are no drips in the hood.

-- Gilles

pyrrhusmj
02.10.2009, 20:52
Its a socket function set to temperature ( chiller )

and it turns the socket on and off if a certain temperature is reached

only thing you need to do is buy a 12V adapter and connect it to the fans ( in the back

Thanks I figured out what I had done incorrectly. I had accidentally saved the socket as tem (heater) :) whoops........

Michael

Reef Dweller
28.12.2009, 06:07
I bought the propellercontrol for this. it is rated at 800ma so this means when you have 200ma fans, you can connect 4.

In my scenario i have a DALI card for my lights, and dosing pump so i have 1 free 1-10v interface.

First you connect the propellercontrol to the profilux. This can be in a 1-10v interface socket. The other end you can connect to your fans. Or, if you don't have the right connector (like me) you open up the propellercontrol and solder a new connection onto the PCB. This however, REMOVES YOUR WARRANTY. I have now custom fans controlled by the profilux in my canopy.

They always run at low speed if the temperature is oke, so there are no drips in the hood.

-- Gilles

Thanks Gilles.

I have now setup the PropellorControl to power my two PC fans in my hood.

I have the PropellorControl powerpack plugged into the powerpoint (GPO) (not the powerbar). This means that power is always applied to the PropellorControl unit.

In this scenario, once the temp drops down to the nominal value, will the fans turn off?