PDA

View Full Version : mitras colour spectrum for planted tank

ackwasoldier
05.12.2013, 02:02
Hello All,

I am from Australia and I am looking for some advice concerning the use of a mitras 6100/6200 for a planted tank.
At the moment I am very happy with my T5 lighting over my 20 gallon tall (hi tech). In the next twelve months I plan on moving back to reefs (sps mostly). I would like to venture into LED's. At the moment they suit my purpose and I'm fairly certain that I want to purchase a mitras.
I had a few questions in terms of the mitras and lighting in general (I am new to the forum scene so if this post should be elsewhere I apologize).

Because the lights will be moved to a reef setup in the near future I wanted to purchase lights that would be useable on a planted for the meanwhile.
Would the mitras allow me to program a light schedule of appropriate spectrum for a planted aquarium?
I know that the radion has a planted tank setting and I was wondering if this is a feature of the mitras also?
Because of my situation would it be best if I got the 6100 because of the increased red/yellow focus?
Is the increased yellow/red of the 6100 even make a difference on a planted tank?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am still completely flummoxed and overwhelmed with the idea of forums - how great are they?

PS - my understanding of light and its supply in the aquarium is something I don't fully understand, so please feel free to correct me if any misconception (on my behalf) is apparent

Matthias
05.12.2013, 09:08
if you are planning to have a reef tank with SPS in the future then you should do your choice according to what is best for marine water

the spectrum of all Mitras is variable in a very wide range, so take the 6200 HV, use it at high output power and reduce the blue and violet light
this will be absolutely OK for the plants

ackwasoldier
05.12.2013, 11:24
Thank you for your help,

any hints on posting or is what I wrote is appropriate in a forum?

Thank you,

Rob