PDA

View Full Version : Power bar

Perth
31.08.2009, 05:04
One of the GHL 6 bank power bars relay in socket 6 is permanently on. I've tested it with the other sockets and this one seems to be jammed.

What can I do? The power bar is not that old. Do they repair or replace the unit. I still need something to keep the light going etc .
Thanks

Matthias
31.08.2009, 07:11
I guess there are MH-ballasts connected, maybe even some of them in one socket?
This can lead to damages to the relay if the load in sum is too high, in this case you should split the load to several sockets.
The new powerbars (about 1.5 - 2 years old) can handle inrush-currents up to 160A, the older versions up to 100A.

Please contact you retailer.

trevorp
08.09.2009, 19:40
I guess there are MH-ballasts connected, maybe even some of them in one socket?
This can lead to damages to the relay if the load in sum is too high, in this case you should split the load to several sockets.
The new powerbars (about 1.5 - 2 years old) can handle inrush-currents up to 160A, the older versions up to 100A.

Please contact you retailer.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but could not find the "post new thread" option in here. Can someone help me with setup please. I need to configure temp (cool,heat), 2 simu-L moon-lights with the red LED's in them, 2 digital 6 prong power bars, and 3 MH lights hooked to 3 hi-amp outputs (1 for each 400W MH). I have left the conductivity/redox, PH1 and PH2 disconnected for now while I sort out PVC fittings for the profilux probe station.

I have the temp prob hooked properly. I'm not sure how to hook up the 2nd digital power bar. I currently have 1 hooked to S1-4. The 2nd digital bar is daisy chained to the 1st using the second phone jack looking connector to hook between the 2. Observation here is that both control lights (yellow light) are on and both have power but both S5 plugs are on. I believe by default connector 5 is for cooling which makes sense, the tank is at 30.9C but nominal is set at 25C. Why is the second power bar turning on it's S5 light? I can't figure out how to assign power bar 2 to be independent.

Also having problems with MH lights. I at one point had the middle MH running but the other 2 have not come on even though all 3 were configured to have a blackout of 10 minutes and a start time of the same time. The 2nd light goes on for a minute then shuts off.

Help please help. I must be dumb cause I read the manual many times and can't figure the options out using the controller. Using a serial cable at the moment is not an option as my desktop's mother board is fried leaving me only with a laptop and no serial connections.

GHL Support
09.09.2009, 10:58
Why is the second power bar turning on it's S5 light? I can't figure out how to assign power bar 2 to be independent.
I assume you haven't given the second powerbar new numbers. So both powerbars overlap here and react the same way. Your first powerbar has no. 1-6. To reprogram the second, put the first one off and the second at S1-S4. After the new numbering, you can again connect the first and daisy-chain the second. Because if two powerbars are connected and newly programmed, both will take over the changes...so the right numbering for the second one will be 7-12. How to do this you can read under Extras/Digital Powerbars/Set numbering.

Also having problems with MH lights. I at one point had the middle MH running but the other 2 have not come on even though all 3 were configured to have a blackout of 10 minutes and a start time of the same time. The 2nd light goes on for a minute then shuts off.
Make sure you have assigned the right socket each to the right illumination channel respectively timer and that the settings are exactly the same. Please have a look again at the manual under Extras/Socket function + Illumination/Illumination run + Clock/Timer. Everything is described in details here.

trevorp
09.09.2009, 13:32
I assume you haven't given the second powerbar new numbers. So both powerbars overlap here and react the same way. Your first powerbar has no. 1-6. To reprogram the second, put the first one off and the second at S1-S4. After the new numbering, you can again connect the first and daisy-chain the second. Because if two powerbars are connected and newly programmed, both will take over the changes...so the right numbering for the second one will be 7-12. How to do this you can read under Extras/Digital Powerbars/Set numbering.

Make sure you have assigned the right socket each to the right illumination channel respectively timer and that the settings are exactly the same. Please have a look again at the manual under Extras/Socket function + Illumination/Illumination run + Clock/Timer. Everything is described in details here.

I have looked at the manual but it was not clear to me (most likely my fault :)). To help me understand, am I right to say I would configure the MH lights under Extras/Socket function and set the time they must run? What do I need to do under Illumination? I thought this menu was only for dimmable channels and non-dimmable that would run on the 1/10v lines. I have all 4 1/10v lines used by 2 Simu-L moonlight bars.

GHL Support
09.09.2009, 14:34
There are two possibilities to set a non-dimmable lamp:
- Via timer: For the corresponding socket select "Timer" as function and enter start and end time under "Timer 1" .
- Via illumination run: Choose "Illumination" as socket function and select "non-dimmable" as lamp type under "Illumination", then set the start and end time.
Only dimmable lamps are connected at the 1-10V-interfaces, but dimmable and non-dimmable lamps (in the sockets) can both be controlled via the illumination run.
In your case you can choose between programming by timer or the illumination.

trevorp
14.09.2009, 13:16
There are two possibilities to set a non-dimmable lamp:
- Via timer: For the corresponding socket select "Timer" as function and enter start and end time under "Timer 1" .
- Via illumination run: Choose "Illumination" as socket function and select "non-dimmable" as lamp type under "Illumination", then set the start and end time.
Only dimmable lamps are connected at the 1-10V-interfaces, but dimmable and non-dimmable lamps (in the sockets) can both be controlled via the illumination run.
In your case you can choose between programming by timer or the illumination.

Ok, things are mostly sorted now so thank you very much for that. I do seem to have issues with the light timers. I choose your first method which was to configure timers. I did 3, 1 for each light. They are to start 10 minutes appart from each other however, they do come on when configured but they go out early and come back on when they are suppose to go off.

Sounds like I might have multiple timers configured for the same socket but when going through the configuration I don't see that. I have the timer configured to come on at 14:00 (2:00pm) and go off at 19:00 (10:00pm). As mentioned the lights go off early (probably about 5-6pm and then come on at 10:00 again.

Am I missing something in the configuration or is it possible that I need to setup some type of regional setting? The internal time and the displayed time are correctly configured to my local time so I'm a bit confused on that.

GHL Support
14.09.2009, 14:33
Ok, things are mostly sorted now so thank you very much for that. I do seem to have issues with the light timers. I choose your first method which was to configure timers. I did 3, 1 for each light. They are to start 10 minutes appart from each other however, they do come on when configured but they go out early and come back on when they are suppose to go off.

Sounds like I might have multiple timers configured for the same socket but when going through the configuration I don't see that. I have the timer configured to come on at 14:00 (2:00pm) and go off at 19:00 (10:00pm). As mentioned the lights go off early (probably about 5-6pm and then come on at 10:00 again.

Am I missing something in the configuration or is it possible that I need to setup some type of regional setting? The internal time and the displayed time are correctly configured to my local time so I'm a bit confused on that.

If you use ProfiLux Control for the settings, then you can see easily under Extras or System/ Socket functions which function is assigned to each socket (it can only be one function each). Please check if perhaps somewhere an illumination run is assigned instead of a timer, so that this interferes now.
Furthermore you could check if in the timer settings you really have set only one start and end time, perhaps you have set several end + start times??

trevorp
16.09.2009, 16:00
If you use ProfiLux Control for the settings, then you can see easily under Extras or System/ Socket functions which function is assigned to each socket (it can only be one function each). Please check if perhaps somewhere an illumination run is assigned instead of a timer, so that this interferes now.
Furthermore you could check if in the timer settings you really have set only one start and end time, perhaps you have set several end + start times??

I checked and I only have 1 start/end time for each timer. I redid the configuration on all 3 timers and re-assigned these timers to each of the 3 sockets but still the same problem. I also tried resetting the proflux after these changes. Can you give me a step by step on how to solve this problem using the controller only? I don't have a serial connection at the moment so I can only do the settings through the Profilux. I also checked the ilummination settings but these are only configured for the Simu-l.

GHL Support
17.09.2009, 12:35
At the controller itself the steps to check the settings are similar:
Assign sockets:
Extras resp. System/ socket outlet function/ select socket no./ select function timer/ select timer no./save
Set timer:
Clock/timers/select timer no./days of week/no. of switching cycles=1/Normal/switching operation no./set switch-on time/set switch-off time/save
You find the detailed description also in our manual.

This problem must have to do something with the settings. If they are made correctly, there is nothing that can influence the switching times of the sockets.

One thing you could finally check is if the clock time on your ProfiLux is correct. If it isn't correct (e.g. runs faster than normal), then this could have the effect that the timer switches not as it should.