PDA

View Full Version : PWC Issues

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 13:04
Just received my card and my light is set up as a slave, Ive imported my LPC into the light composer in PLC 6. I've transmitted it to the lamp and when I go to test the illumination run only the blue channels are running. Am I missing something?

Matthias
12.11.2013, 13:43
I've transmitted it to the lamp

1. what do you mean? PLC transmittes the settings to the ProfiLux

2. lamp is slave?

3. check the illumination channels 1-9 in the ProfiLux, maybe there are wrong settings (copy of, simulation, timeshift, etc.)

4. if you check "output directly on lamp" when adjusting a brightness point - is the lamp doing what it is supposed to do?

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 13:53
1. what do you mean? PLC transmittes the settings to the ProfiLux

2. lamp is slave?

3. check the illumination channels 1-9 in the ProfiLux, maybe there are wrong settings (copy of, simulation, timeshift, etc.)

4. if you check "output directly on lamp" when adjusting a brightness point - is the lamp doing what it is supposed to do?

1- In PLC I press transmit the illumination run to the lights, presumably it does this wirelessly?

2 - Yes, I've checked the correct wireless channel and address is set up in PLC as well.

3 - There is nothing in some of the channels and a couple look wrong.

4 - this works fine.

ThorneJamieson
12.11.2013, 14:24
Same for me to.

1. I cannot find where to load light project except when entering light composer for the first time. There is also not any way of saving a light project either.

2. When loading a user project or creating a new one and then "transmit to channels" PLC6 seems to transmit them but the individual illumination channels are all subsequently set to zero.

3. Everything seems to work Ok if loading one of the templates and then transmitting to channels. So it seems there is an issue only when loading a user developed project.

4. The test illumination run seems to work OK (even without transmitting first.

So it seems there is an issue with user projects.

Thorne

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 14:27
Not sure if this is relevant, there is 2 LED's on the PCW card, I only have the red flashing. EDIT: I have the green one on now as well.

If you wanna try my project Matthias to see what it does for you guys it's here. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jyswfbodqbzfqo/Mitras%20LX%206200.lpc)

ThorneJamieson
12.11.2013, 14:36
Aaron - if you load one of the templates does it also then work for you?

Thorne

ThorneJamieson
12.11.2013, 14:44
One thing I have noticed is that when I load a template it works. If you look at at the light scenarios with a template transmitted the sliders in the mixer are all set as expected and the overview shows the various channel graphs.

Transmitting a user project results in all channels being set to zero, the sliders in the mixer are all zero and the illumination overview is flat lined.

T

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 14:48
Aaron - if you load one of the templates does it also then work for you?

Thorne

Tried the 6200 template and the template works fine.

Matthias
12.11.2013, 16:45
1- In PLC I press transmit the illumination run to the lights, presumably it does this wirelessly?

2 - Yes, I've checked the correct wireless channel and address is set up in PLC as well.

3 - There is nothing in some of the channels and a couple look wrong.

4 - this works fine.

1.)
Working in the light composer:
The settings are transmitted to the light channels of the ProfiLux. Then click Save, the settings are held in the ProfiLux now.
ProfiLux broadcasts these settings to the lamp, the lamp keeps these settings temporarily and works with them.
Remember: The settings are kept (and edited) in the ProfiLux- the Mitras is a "stupid" slave device now.

3.)
Check the channel assignments in the light composer. If you use a template or a lc project from GHL Control Center they should be correct.

PS:When I check your light composer screenshot I see that you have always the same light color, at every time. Therefore always the same LEDs are active. I think the problem is in the light composer project.

Matthias
12.11.2013, 16:51
One thing I have noticed is that when I load a template it works. If you look at at the light scenarios with a template transmitted the sliders in the mixer are all set as expected and the overview shows the various channel graphs.

Transmitting a user project results in all channels being set to zero, the sliders in the mixer are all zero and the illumination overview is flat lined.

T

you took a template as basis and modified it according to your wishes?
or did you create a project from scratch up? I don't recommend this because you have to define all light sources (LED-type, channel, etc.) on your own to get this working

-> use a template or a project from GHL Control Center as base

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 16:52
1.)
Working in the light composer:
The settings are transmitted to the light channels of the ProfiLux. Then click Save, the settings are held in the ProfiLux now.
ProfiLux broadcasts these settings to the lamp, the lamp keeps these settings temporarily and works with them.
Remember: The settings are kept (and edited) in the ProfiLux- the Mitras is a "stupid" slave device now.

3.)
Check the channel assignments in the light composer. If you use a template or a lc project from GHL Control Center they should be correct.

PS:When I check your light composer screenshot I see that you have always the same light color, at every time. Therefore always the same LEDs are active. I think the problem is in the light composer project.

The problem is the the channels aren't working properly, I've just tried again and the corresponding channels are all empty apart from the blue channels, which must be why I only get blues on the light being transmitted.

Matthias
12.11.2013, 16:53
Not sure if this is relevant, there is 2 LED's on the PCW card, I only have the red flashing. EDIT: I have the green one on now as well.

If you wanna try my project Matthias to see what it does for you guys it's here. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jyswfbodqbzfqo/Mitras%20LX%206200.lpc)

only the red LED should flash - this indicates that PLM-PWC is sending

if the green LED flashes the PLM-PWC is receiving - which should not happen (at least at the moment)!
this means another master (Mitras?) is sending -> all Mitras must be slave devices

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 16:54
I've set the single Mitras I have back to standalone as I need light on my tank, could this light the green LED?

Matthias
12.11.2013, 16:59
The problem is the the channels aren't working properly, I've just tried again and the corresponding channels are all empty apart from the blue channels, which must be why I only get blues on the light being transmitted.

I think the project is not correct, it seems in the screenshot that only the blue channels are set correctly - as written before: at every time I can see the same color temperature - there is something wrong

-> load a template and modify it, transmit and save it to ProfiLux, save it as user file for later use

Matthias
12.11.2013, 17:05
Same for me to.

1. I cannot find where to load light project except when entering light composer for the first time. There is also not any way of saving a light project either.

2. When loading a user project or creating a new one and then "transmit to channels" PLC6 seems to transmit them but the individual illumination channels are all subsequently set to zero.

3. Everything seems to work Ok if loading one of the templates and then transmitting to channels. So it seems there is an issue only when loading a user developed project.

4. The test illumination run seems to work OK (even without transmitting first.

So it seems there is an issue with user projects.

Thorne

1. There is a menu "light composer" in the menu bar - there is save and load

2 + 3 - maybe there is something wrong with the user project -> please start with a template and modify it

Edit: I just loaded a project from GCC, this has been transfered without problems. It seems to work.

Matthias
12.11.2013, 17:05
I've set the single Mitras I have back to standalone as I need light on my tank, could this light the green LED?

no

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 17:06
I think the project is not correct, it seems in the screenshot that only the blue channels are set correctly - as written before: at every time I can see the same color temperature - there is something wrong

-> load a template and modify it, transmit and save it to ProfiLux, save it as user file for later use

I'll have to give this a go then, it's going to be fiddly though getting it exactly as before though.

Matthias
12.11.2013, 17:24
I'll have to give this a go then, it's going to be fiddly though getting it exactly as before though.

So what you say is: You saved a project with GCC and then you loaded this project in PLC?

What version of GCC?

If so - Please send me this project by email (I guess you have my personal email address), I'll try to analyze what's going on.
But not before Friday, I am out of office for 2 days.

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 17:32
Basically yes, that's what's happening. I modified it in the latest version of CC and imported it into PLC6. I've just tried editing a template and I'm faced with the same issue, it goes to blues and none of the other channels show. I'll email over my file to you now.

Matthias
12.11.2013, 18:00
Ok, your email has been answered

bottom-line:
ProfiLux can only work with up to 12 dimming points per channel pr day (Mitras has 24)
if the project has more dimming points ProfiLux is not able to store it

-> please reduce your projects until it has not more than 12 points, then it can be processed by ProfiLux

I will think about another solution for this issue when I am back

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 18:25
Ok. Thanks for the swift response. I'll try it now and post the outcome.

-Aaron-
12.11.2013, 18:43
I can confirm that has fixed it, thanks. :)

ThorneJamieson
12.11.2013, 18:54
That's it - worked for me - I changed my project in GHL CC to be less than 12 dimming points and it loaded fine PLC 6. Any more than 12 points and it refused to update the channels in PLC!!

Good work Mathis and Aaron. Worth knowing in case others have similar problems.

I still cant work out how to load a project except when loading PLC 6 programme for the first time or saving it except when exiting the programme but that is not too much of an issue. I would have expected to see a load and save light project menu item under !File! . Maybe I am just missing things!

Thorne

Matthias
13.11.2013, 08:50
to the right of the file menu item is the light composer menu

try this

neoreef
24.11.2013, 18:05
I still cant work out how to load a project except when loading PLC 6 programme for the first time or saving it except when exiting the programme but that is not too much of an issue. I would have expected to see a load and save light project menu item under !File! . Maybe I am just missing things!

Thorne

Thorne,

you will see it if you are using ProfiLuxControl_V6010...

ThorneJamieson
25.11.2013, 17:48
Thorne,

you will see it if you are using ProfiLuxControl_V6010...

Thanks mate.

Downloaded and its there!! Thought I was going mad before!!!

Thorne

Matthias
26.11.2013, 08:29
Thanks mate.

Downloaded and its there!! Thought I was going mad before!!!

Thorne

no, it was not you - it was my fault! I just forgot the English translations of the menu items, and I didn't recognize this because I was using PLC in German