PDA

View Full Version : Lamps not dimming as per program

argileh
30.10.2013, 19:01
I have created a project, transmitted it to the light channels and saved it to the lamp. Here is the problem:

The dimming is not synchronized with the project.

First, for example, at a certain time, the % for the blue is 100%, the overall brightness for the run is 100%, and the energy option is high efficiency at max 40%. So logically the output for the blue channel should be 100% x 100 x 40% = 40%. However, the display on the lamp shows 1%.

Second, when I open one run corresponding to my current time (so also the lamp's current time) and select "Output directly on lamp", the light is different/brighter than the light that was being generated by the lamp. I am confused.

I should note that when I do the test illumination run, it correctly matches that actual run of the lamp.

Am I missing anything.

GHL Support
31.10.2013, 10:52
Could you post some screenshots of your settings please?

argileh
31.10.2013, 17:55
Carolin,

After my post, I continued to check the problem. The lights now look to be dimming properly after I unchecked the moon simulation from the individual illumination channels. I had checked the moon simulation in all the channels because I wanted to simulate the moon phase. Can you please briefly explain why this is happening in this way.

Thanks

Gunther
31.10.2013, 19:25
I had checked the moon simulation in all the channels because I wanted to simulate the moon phase.
So why haven´t you read the manual about moon simulation to understand what it is doing and how it is working?

Can you please briefly explain why this is happening in this way.
There is an explaining in the manual. in short: There is a start and a end time for moon simulation. In between this limits, the programmed light value is multiplied by the moon factor. At the moment it´s nearly new moon, so 40% light multiplied with 3% moon will result ~1% light value. So it´s what you asked for .....