PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Programmable Logic space?

Tobbyyang
07.10.2013, 12:16
Hi Dear,

I have a 3.1N eX. I used all of Programmable Logic space. How can I expand it? I saw the SD slot, it can be used?

Thank you so much and have a good one.

Tobby

Antipodes
07.10.2013, 21:01
Hi Dear,

I have a 3.1N eX. I used all of Programmable Logic space. How can I expand it? I saw the SD slot, it can be used?
Thank you so much and have a good one.
Tobby
Tobby,
As far as I am aware, there are only 32 Programmable logic gates. So no I don't think the SD card slot will help. But GHL can comment there.

I think that you can reduce some of your programmable logic demands by using standard functionality on the profilux a lot more.
As I don't understand all the reasons for all the logic I will just try to point out ones that I think could be changed. They may not be correct as you may have reasons for doing what you are doing that I do not know about.

I guess that you are actuating a water change by manual selection as I do not see the timer to start an automatic water change in your diagram at the top.
IF you use a timer to actuate a water change, you can then use the same timer to actuate a feed pause! This feed pause could then turn off the main pump cooling and heater and skimmer at time of the water change.
(Temp probe page has off during feed pause at the bottom of the probe page!!)
This would get rid of the first 4 Programmable logics.

Not sure why you have the next section there as it appears to be setup to turn on fill when this is all done automatically with the AWC and ATO functions. I am just assuming that the level control 2 and 3 mentioned is also used in the new fill water logic table you have there??
If this is the case, then all these functions are standard in the auto water change function, as the standard ATO is turned off during water changes anyway!! So you can remove gate 4.
What is time 4 for? Gates G4,G5,G6,G7,G8,G14 all seem overly complex for just topping of RO or Salt water. I achieve this in 3 gates! Including the AWC. But as I said I don't know what your setup is or what you thinking is.

The lower sequence of functions seem to be about making the salt water, which is interesting, but could be reduced and simplified possibly if known what the tanks sizes are and how and where you keep these things etc. But it is complex I guess to ensure thorough mixing.
I guess you are in an apartment building with little room which makes sense with what you are doing.
Personally I just mix up a known quantity of salt with a known qty of water (750) ltrs, mix and leave. This gives me the salinty I want within a tolerable allowance.

But good on you for working the system out as I see a lot of people struggling with the concept of Programmable logic.
Also nice diagram.

I also mentioned a while ago that programmable logic's when used like this can be used up very rapidly as you only have two choices in one output and have to cascade like you have done. At the time they changed from 8 to 32!! I guess you have proved that even if you are controlling only one aquarium, you can use all of them. Not much ability if you have ten aquariums controlled by the one computer.

In some ways the program-ability of the opposition controller is better, but then you have to do everything on that and with the Profilux, 95% of what you want to achieve can be done with standard functionality.

Hope this was of some help to you, but I expect GHL to comment also.

GHL Support
08.10.2013, 06:55
No, the count of the programmable logic is limited to 32.
A SD-Card can't expand any resource (max. available sensors, prog. logic, ...) of the ProfiLux.

Tobbyyang
09.10.2013, 07:26
Thank you, Frank.

Tobbyyang
09.10.2013, 07:50
Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for you reply me. All the Logic is running right now. Because I need some spacial, like the siphon skimmer, so I have to make my logic. Ok, maybe I have to Streamline and optimize my logic.

Thanks a again. The GHL is great.

Tobby