PDA

View Full Version : Ph Probes reading

Lukecharris
01.10.2013, 18:11
Hi Im new to Profilux and so far am thoroughly confused....It seems the only thing after about a week of trying i can do is get an accurate temp measurement :(
I Have a problem with my ph probes , im sure im dumb but here goes.
I got my unit about 3 weeks ago, after some help from my lfs i calibrated my first set of ph probes (both in my sump at present) and after trying a few times reading instructions as best i can the readings always came back to ALARM on both with a reading value of ***. very confused i returned these for a set of new ones and after calibrating these new ones and returning them to my sump i get a reading on both of them @ 10.5 . Initially my No 2 Ph probe was on 3 and then over night rose to match the other at 10.5?????? im thoroughly perplexed now and i still need to setup MV all my lighting , chiller co2 ect ect ... Please tell me its not all this hard?
Luke

doggydoc10
01.10.2013, 18:46
Are you sure you are plugging the probes to the corresponding outlet in the back of the P3?
It's very easy to either plug in the incorrect outlet and or sometimes the probe it's NOT plugged properly in!
Check that first.
Next step would be to stick probe in calibration solution to see what the reading might be.
Then we can start in the calibrating instructions.
PM me if you want more help