PDA

View Full Version : Who is running Green and Yellow LEDs and Why ?

mshur
03.09.2013, 02:38
Wondering why we need this spectrum? green and yellow washing out blue color?

Monty
03.09.2013, 08:56
Because it's in the natural day light???!!!

All aquarist light-sources have o portion of it accept of LEDs if not mixed in by purpose.

Not to mention the natural light over the reef.

The aim is to mimic the natural light as best as it can be.

I had a classic DIY RB/CW 3:2 LED build and believe me, there was missing a lot in color!!! I realized it after the switch to Mitras and playing with the channels.

The last years there was a big discussion about wavelengths witch can be left out because they may have no benefit to corrals, but at least the whole tank looks better with them, even the fish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mshur
03.09.2013, 14:07
Thank you Monty

May i ask what % of Green, yellow and red you have set up . Specially for day light period. I have green and yellow at 0 but red 5-10%, i guess i need to ramp it up?

Monty
03.09.2013, 15:51
Thank you Monty

May i ask what % of Green, yellow and red you have set up . Specially for day light period. I have green and yellow at 0 but red 5-10%, i guess i need to ramp it up?

I have a schedule for each channel and altogether it makes a day period from sun-rise to sun-set. There is one file already preset in the GHL Mitras software and on the net other users upload their own files for download and to play with. You can leave them as they're or you tweak them to your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mshur
03.09.2013, 17:23
I did upload program from my friend but its to much yellow in my eyes:)
Ive been running Radiums 400w for very long time , j guess i use to blue coloration:)
Will be playing with this tonight:)