PDA

View Full Version : Water Changes

Deanturner
20.08.2013, 10:46
Hi All
i have read though the forum , but cant seem to find the right answer
i have a profilux 3 ex
firmware version 5.15

i wanted to know if it was possible to do a water change using one optical sensor
the reason for my question , is that i manually drain my tank during water change to vacuum any areas where i find there may be detritis
i have mounted the sensor at the tanks constant water level, so while it is running the sensor doesnt get activated .

want i want to do is
drain the tank , while cleaning (this will trigger the sensor), once completed (after a set amount of time), the triggered sensor will activate a switch , that will be connected to a pump with new salt water

obviously once the tank starts to drain , the sensor will be activated , and therefore trigger a switch.
the problem i have , is that i will need about 15 to 20 minutes to drain the tank before i want the switch to trigger.
do i need to fit another sensor , at the bottom , where the water will eventullay drop to , in order to trigger the pump , or can i only use one

i know sensor have a built in maximum reaction delay of about 240 seconds , but this is obviously not enough

thanks in advance to all who assist

CaptCrash
25.08.2013, 04:18
You can use programmable logic to do this.
I have assumed that Programmable Logic 1 is free, S1 is the socket for the refill pump and that Level 1 is the level sensor. Change these values to suit your controller.

Settings
Programmable Logic 1, Input = Fill water (ATO only) 1, with a time of 1200 (max 8h). Function Delayed on.
Set the socket for your refill pump to be controlled, eg S1 socket function to be Programmable Logic 1,

Depending on how your sensor is setup, you may need to invert the input.
Once the water gets to the level sensor, it should turn off.

hope that helps

Deanturner
15.06.2014, 11:49
@Captcrash
thanks for the input

which part to i put into programmable logic ??
the time delay , is this in seconds or minutes ?
thanks

Deanturner
15.07.2014, 19:47
anyone have any input on this , i would like to try and test this with my next water change

CaptCrash
16.07.2014, 11:42
which part to i put into programmable logic ??

Programmable Logic 1, Input = Fill water (ATO only) 1, with a time of 1200 (max 8h). Function Delayed on.

the time delay , is this in seconds or minutes ?

Its in seconds, 1200 seconds is 20 minutes. Adjust this number to match the delay you are looking for up to 8 hours.

keneil01
16.07.2014, 12:09
Thanks! I was looking for the same thing :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk