PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled by alarm message

leontet
12.08.2013, 09:13
I'm far away from home and I got an alarm email from my ProfiLux. In the pH field it was written "pH 1 *** !"
I know the exclamation mark means "alarm", but I don't understand what the three stars /asterisks mean. Please help!
Thank you in advance!

paulfars
12.08.2013, 19:43
Very Strange!

I had the same problem yesterday so I disabled the PH 1 probe to cancel the alarm. I thought it was a faulty probe.

leontet
13.08.2013, 18:02
Well, the probe isn't faulty, at least in my case, as it's working just fine (or so I think) since the above mentioned alarm. It is weird indeed if a false alarm of the same type has been triggered almost simultaneously on two different computers.

So, should I understand the array of asterisks in the email message means "wrong reading" or something similar?

GHL Support
19.08.2013, 14:24
Three stars often appear in case of a cable break or if the probe is connected to a wrong port.

leontet
20.08.2013, 07:32
Thanks for the reply, Carolin!

It's strange, as for the rest of the time the pH probe seems to be working fine, so it's definitely plugged in the correct port. More than that, nobody has access to my aquarium room now that I'm away so even if the cable would have break, nobody could move it to make the defect apparent. I'll check this aspect as soon as I'll get home.