PDA

View Full Version : Firmware not finishing upload

aqua_digital
28.07.2013, 08:01
Posting for a new user who has not had his account accepted yet

"I also have problem with upgrading the firmware to 1.14. It keeps getting disconnected n tells me to unplug for a few seconds then plug back in. I did exactly what it says, but the process stop at step 4/5. I waited for a while then restart the light but firmware still shows 1.13 I tried both windows XP and windows 7"

Please could you assist - thanks.

Matthias
29.07.2013, 08:32
does the USB-update driver show up in the device manager after starting the update mode in the lamp?

what COM-port does this driver have and wht is the name of it?

aqua_digital
29.07.2013, 08:37
i will find out or ask him to reply here he is still waiting to be accepted onto this forum.

dattong
29.07.2013, 14:42
does the USB-update driver show up in the device manager after starting the update mode in the lamp?

what COM-port does this driver have and wht is the name of it?

Yes, it does. I double checked by clicking on "device" during setup and it showed in there connected to COM4

dattong
29.07.2013, 14:43
I'm at work right now so I can't double check the name but it was something that contains "GHL" in it.

kevin s
30.07.2013, 23:31
I had the same issue and followed the step by step instruction http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?7105-cant-update-firm-ware and it work great.

Cheers
KS

dattong
31.07.2013, 03:43
Thanks, I'll try again. The thing is my computer recognizes it as soon as I plug it in with no issue so I didn't have to install it manually. Anyway, I'll try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it manually to see if it works.

dattong
31.07.2013, 04:45
phews!!! got driver updated. Thanks all.

pederpeder
09.10.2013, 12:47
phews!!! got driver updated. Thanks all.

What do you do:confused:

dattong
09.10.2013, 14:14
Your comp may find a driver for Mitras automatically when you plug it in, but in order to compete the update process you need to install its driver manually through step 2 in the installation windows. Just follow the instructions in the manual. My problem was I thought the driver had been installed when I first plugged it in the comp. I saw a message pop up saying device is ready to use, but you must install the driver the way the manual shows you.

JPowell490
09.10.2013, 17:56
Mine did the exact same thing and I went through it a couple of times and it says that it is updated now. I never did see it completely finish, but after a restart of the light, it said the firmware was up to date.

dattong
09.10.2013, 19:26
Mine did the exact same thing and I went through it a couple of times and it says that it is updated now. I never did see it completely finish, but after a restart of the light, it said the firmware was up to date.

I read several posts claimed the same thing, but I did do through the installation successfully.

pederpeder
10.10.2013, 11:33
Same thing, but it works thanks all.:cool: