PDA

View Full Version : Dosers at water station

tyrion
26.07.2013, 18:54
Hi,

I'm going to use a set of GHL dosers to perform small water changes by pumping RO and salt water from my salt water station (1 floor above) into my tank.

The distance between tank and salt water station is about 10 metres, with my Profilux 3 located at the tank. What's my best option for connecting the dosers to the Profilux 3? Chain a couple of VSL-5 cables together?

I'd also like to add some level sensors at the salt water station - how would I connect these over the distance?

GHL Support
29.07.2013, 12:10
Hi,
I'm going to use a set of GHL dosers to perform small water changes by pumping RO and salt water from my salt water station (1 floor above) into my tank.
Please note that this is generally possible but not recommended since our dosing units are rather destined to dose only little amounts of fluids.
The better way would be to use common pumps connected to our Powerbar.

The distance between tank and salt water station is about 10 metres, with my Profilux 3 located at the tank. What's my best option for connecting the dosers to the Profilux 3? Chain a couple of VSL-5 cables together?
Regarding the dosing tube length we can tell you that 8 m are ok, for longer distances you may simply have a try.
Regarding the connection Dosing unit/ Profilux you can either use 2x VSL-5 or as an alternative you could also
connect the unit to a Expansion Box (if available).

I'd also like to add some level sensors at the salt water station - how would I connect these over the distance?
Total max. length is 8m. The Sensor is 3m, the extension cable VTN5 5m. Expansion Box?