PDA

View Full Version : Dimmable LED lighting with contrllable pumps

mzbwlk
24.08.2009, 00:47
Hi,
I’m setting up a LED dimmable lighting system with 168 Cree White and Blue (2:1 ratio) LED’s.
I will be using Mean Well ELN-60-48P dimmable power supplies (8 for the WHITE and 4 for the BLUE).
I will also have 4 controllable pumps. These will be either Hydor Koralia or Tunze.

This is what I want to Profilux Plus II eX to do:
Control all of the WHITE LED’s with the (8) ELN-60-48P together on L1 channel.
Control all of the BLUE LED’s with the (4) ELN-60-48P together on L2 channel.
Now do I connect all of the WHITE LED’s PWM’s in parallel (neg to neg; pos to pos).
All of the BLUE LED’s PWM’s in parallel (neg to neg; pos to pos).
Do I need to get an EVG-AP-2F expansion card to this? Or a PLM-DALI card? And do I need any YL2-1 splitters?

As for the pumps if I go with the Tunze I will need the Tunze cable 1 and cable 2 (2 each) and (2) YL2-1 splitters. These would go in the L3/L4 & L5/L6.
As for the Hydor Koralia pumps, I would need (2) GHL Profilux Hydor Koralia Pump Controllers to control 4 pumps. These would be connected to L3/L4 & L5/L6.

I have not ordered the Profilux Plus II eX yet but, it is in the “Shopping Cart”!:D
I just want to make sure I order the right parts the first time around.

Thanks for all of the help.

Dave.

aqua_digital
24.08.2009, 18:00
If the power supply you are using has 1-10V interface then you just need to connect this to the profiLux, the best option would be the EVG-AP-2F card as it can 0 volt switch so the LED's will be off at 0 volt state.

I assume the power supply if it is 1-10V controllable has 2 channel inputs for the two colours.

You will not need a splitter for this.

You have it right with the pumps also ;)

Happy shopping :)

mzbwlk
25.08.2009, 01:55
Hi,
The power supply's have the 1-10v PWM. What I need to know since I will be using 8 power supply's for the White & 4 power supply's for the BLUE is, can I connect the PWM's in parallel? Please look at attached picture.
(I still have the Profilux PLUS II eX in the shopping cart waiting to be bought:D).

Thank's
Dave.

aqua_digital
25.08.2009, 02:01
This looks fine.

The connections you have state you are not sure what they are for are your power lines in.

mzbwlk
25.08.2009, 02:56
Is the "power lines in" is that just plugged into the wall (110V)?? Everything is labeled
"L" "PE" "N".. I'm not sure what this stands for.
I need Ground (green), Neutral (White) and Hot (Black).

Thank you.
Dave Barney

aqua_digital
25.08.2009, 03:23
Live (L)

Neutral (N)

Earth (PE)

wired direct to wall socket