PDA

View Full Version : DC Return pump and flow sensor

CaptCrash
13.07.2013, 06:05
With the release of new firmware for the expansion box, will it be possible for the PIII Ex, with a flow sensor connected to an expansion box and a DC variable speed 1-10v return pump to work together?

eg. Set a target rate of water flow and have the return pump speed be adjusted by the PIII to match the specified flow (a feedback loop or control loop?).

Second question regarding this, would it also be possible with programmable logic or some other method to provide separate target flow rates based on the input values from an PLM-ADIN card. e.g. if input 1 on then 5,000lph, if 2 then 8,000lph, if 1 and 2 then 10,000 lph etc.

My use for this would be in the grow out system for my fish breeding. As each batch of fish is sold, I drain the grow out tank, clean it and leave it dry for a week or two. Several tanks can be dry at any time. Currently when I do this I have to re-balance the water flow across the other tanks on the system. What I would like to be able to do is have some pre-set levels that I can change the flow of the pump to meet the number of tanks that are on the system at the time.

thanks in advance

CaptCrash
05.08.2013, 08:10
Is anyone from GHL able to answer these questions?

Matthias
08.08.2013, 13:49
Hi

sorry, no, this is not possible.

CaptCrash
09.08.2013, 18:40
Thanks for letting me know.