PDA

View Full Version : Possible firmware bug

GazzMan
18.06.2013, 17:47
Yesterday I updated to 5.16 on the ex3, however, since doing this I'm no longer receiving email notifications.

This has been running faultlessly for over a year, no emails at all now

Gazz

Antipodes
18.06.2013, 21:24
I updated on Sunday with 5.16 PRIOR to Release 2013-06-17.

Working correctly.

Is the firmware you loaded Release 2013-06-17???

Matthias
19.06.2013, 08:43
this is strange because nothing had been changed in the firmware in regards to emails

are you absolutely sure that all settings and conditions are the same like before?

GazzMan
19.06.2013, 09:29
I updated on Sunday with 5.16 PRIOR to Release 2013-06-17.

Working correctly.

Is the firmware you loaded Release 2013-06-17???

yes, thats the only release in the downloads

reef
19.06.2013, 09:45
yes, thats the only release in the downloads

Mine seems to work ok,

GazzMan
19.06.2013, 16:57
this is strange because nothing had been changed in the firmware in regards to emails

are you absolutely sure that all settings and conditions are the same like before?

Yes, I updated on Monday night using the flash tool, iv had no email since this time, I have checked all the settings for email and nothing has changed.

Is there a list of email clients that WON'T work on the profilux.

GazzMan
19.06.2013, 19:56
A slight update, iv reput all the settings in for email and have it set to send me one every 10 minutes (just to see how it's running), the results are

Something is wrong here guys

Andyos
20.06.2013, 13:03
Hi Gaz, my email schedule is set hourly and Im seeing loads go "missing" since updating to this firmware - what ISP are you using (incoming email) and what email server are you sending to in Profilux (outgoing email from Profilux)? I'm at work at the moment so can't check my outgoing but the incoming is SKY email (now Yahoo powered). Regards, Andy

GazzMan
20.06.2013, 21:18
Hi Gaz, my email schedule is set hourly and Im seeing loads go "missing" since updating to this firmware - what ISP are you using (incoming email) and what email server are you sending to in Profilux (outgoing email from Profilux)? I'm at work at the moment so can't check my outgoing but the incoming is SKY email (now Yahoo powered). Regards, Andy

I'm on sky mate, I use yahoo to send it to my sky email, I use these solely for the profilux as my main email is gmail that the profilux doesn't support, so in email notification (profilux)

Domain. mailserver is smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Recipient My sky email

Andyos
20.06.2013, 22:12
I'm on sky mate, I use yahoo to send it to my sky email, I use these solely for the profilux as my main email is gmail that the profilux doesn't support, so in email notification (profilux)

Domain. mailserver is smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Recipient My sky email

Hi Gaz, same settings for me too, I've added a hotmail account as the receiving account and it's the same with missing hourly summarys. I'm inclined to think that this is something going on with yahoo (free account) being the sending email domain rather than Profilux. I'll try and test this more tomorrow, regards Andy

GazzMan
20.06.2013, 22:15
Hi Gaz, same settings for me too, I've added a hotmail account as the receiving account and it's the same with missing hourly summarys. I'm inclined to think that this is something going on with yahoo (free account) being the sending email domain rather than Profilux. I'll try and test this more tomorrow, regards Andy

Andy just out of interest, do you have the same settings for profilux and pc

Andyos
20.06.2013, 22:40
I don't use the pc to send email, just Profilux.

GazzMan
20.06.2013, 22:48
I don't use the pc to send email, just Profilux.

What about alarms

GHL Support
21.06.2013, 12:19
A slight update, iv reput all the settings in for email and have it set to send me one every 10 minutes (just to see how it's running), the results are

Something is wrong here guys

Thanks for the hint, we will check this.