PDA

View Full Version : How do I wire three optical level sensors to one level input?

Dalmerjd
21.08.2009, 21:46
I want to wire three optical sensors acting as flood protection to one level input.

What is the correct way to wire these up? Do I just wire them up in parallel?

I have already extended the wires as my tanks are scattered on different floors/rooms of the house.

Thanks,

Jeff

I am using water 3 on +2ex. rev 4.05

Matthias
22.08.2009, 09:35
only 2 sensors per input possible (with our splitter PL-LY)

ProfiLux Plus II eX has 2 inputs - the second input can handle one sensor

-> in sum 3 sensors

Dalmerjd
22.08.2009, 11:38
only 2 sensors per input possible (with our splitter PL-LY)

ProfiLux Plus II eX has 2 inputs - the second input can handle one sensor

-> in sum 3 sensors

Thanks Matthias.

I currently am using a splitter in #1 input. On that splitter I am using one sensor for RO/DI replenshment(solenoid valve) and the other on skimmer overflow, shutting down the feed and recirc pump.
On the second input I am trying to wire three sensors manually up to one input. They all will preform the same function but in different locations. I was going to use the float switches and wire them up in series. Any one switch trips and the circuit is activated. With the optical switches having a three wire design and voltage dependant, I think, I wanted to find out the correct way to wire them up.

Thanks,

Jeff

Matthias
22.08.2009, 14:34
Hi,

it is not possible to wire 3 optical sensors in series, this is only possible with the floaters because they are just simple switches.

RRodrigues
26.08.2009, 18:38
Hello Mathias,

With the new ProfiLux Expansion Box is it posible to have 6 level sensors connected to a single ProfiLux computer?

Regards

Matthias
26.08.2009, 18:46
yes, 4 level inputs are part of the expansion box, furthermore we consider to offer expansion cards for level sensors (PLM-LEVEL)