PDA

View Full Version : Extension cords

PurePleX
09.06.2013, 20:31
Hello!

Struggling with the extension cords, splitters and so on. At first I was not confused, then got confused... Searching the net/forum I see that I'm not alone in my confusion. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and please add to my list/answer the questions!

1. VTN-2 (2 m) and VTN-5 (5 m) are used for any sensor (temp, flow, level, leakage) that have a DIN or PS/2. Maximum length VTN-5 + original sensor (3 m) = 8 meters. NB: VTN-2 (and 5) are frequently referred to as extension for "Temperature and humidity sensor" -> this is incorrect(?) as the humidity sensor requires a western/modular/RJ plug!?
2. PL-LY (PL-0081) is required to plug to level/flow sensors into the Level1&2 input of eg the Profilux 3ex. Does it matter when (before or after) relative to the PL-LY) that I put a (or two...) extension cord(s) (=VTN-2)?
3. BNC2 extends any sensor with a BNC-connector (total max 5 meter: BNC2 + original sensor cable).
4. VSL-1/2.5/5. This is where the real confusion starts. Can I use this for ANY connector/sensor/whatever that normally goes into the L- or S-sockets? And/or for the temp/humidity-probe? Maximum extension?
5. And the YL2-1/2.5/5... Can/should I use that in combination with VSL...?

So my questions (so far...):
1. I trust it doesn't matter if I split the Level input (using PL-LY) at the Profilux or plug in a VTN-2/5 into the Profilux and then the splitter? (I'm trying to minimize the number of cables behind my Profilux).
2. What's the difference between the VSL-5 and YL-2? I know YL-2 is a splitter, but can the "split"-part be removed and then making the "cable-part" of VSL-5? Can I use VSL-5 to extend "before" the YL-2?

Confused greetings :confused: