PDA

View Full Version : Illumination using timer

Basile
20.08.2009, 22:42
Ok first i don't have illumination connections to my aquamedic MH combo, their's no socket for it on my ballast, so i had to use the timer on one of my socket.

I tryed to programlogic to make the MH go off when the temp is too hight.

I did ; temp 1 alarm NAND timer 2 ( S5 thats the socket my MH are on)

Now i do you know wich term to use; NOT,AND,NAND,EQUAL,UNEQUAL can you tel me which one and how thanks.

TheManicFishkeeper
21.08.2009, 09:33
Instead of using a timer function configure an illumination channel and enable temperature control for that channel. This way you dont have to use any programmable logic and you can set what temperature your overheat threshold is.

You can define a socket to operate as an illumination channel without having anything special. You just define your lamp as non dimmable.

Basile
21.08.2009, 13:06
Instead of using a timer function configure an illumination channel and enable temperature control for that channel. This way you dont have to use any programmable logic and you can set what temperature your overheat threshold is.

You can define a socket to operate as an illumination channel without having anything special. You just define your lamp as non dimmable.

I don't see any where i can assign a socket , you lost me, give more info please. where do you enable temp control, how , i don't see any choices of that nature in illumunation. How can i define socket where do i go for that, i have 3 lights how do i tell wich one i want, this is new machine so i don,t know what your talking about . be more precise please. what panel? Is there more than one window i have to go, which ones.

GHL Support
21.08.2009, 13:53
Here the single steps in the PC-software ProfiLux Control:
- Go to System/ Socket functions. Define e.g. Illumination 1 as function for the corresponding socket with the lamp.
- Define an illumination run for the lamp in Illumination / e.g. Illumination 1 and define the lamp as non dimmable
- Go to Illumination/ Temperature-dependent light reduction to choose the corresponding temp. sensor,
mark the illumination channels e.g. I1 which shall be affected and indicate the degrees for the shut-off limit of the lamp

If you have several lamps in several sockets, then define for each lamp one illumination run, proceed as described before

Basile
21.08.2009, 15:50
Here the single steps in the PC-software ProfiLux Control:
- Go to System/ Socket functions. Define e.g. Illumination 1 as function for the corresponding socket with the lamp.
- Define an illumination run for the lamp in Illumination / e.g. Illumination 1 and define the lamp as non dimmable
- Go to Illumination/ Temperature-dependent light reduction to choose the corresponding temp. sensor,
mark the illumination channels e.g. I1 which shall be affected and indicate the degrees for the shut-off limit of the lamp

If you have several lamps in several sockets, then define for each lamp one illumination run, proceed as described before

Ok thanks that helps alot. One question; The illumination chanel, does it correspond to the socket i've got my MH on or does it correspond to the illumination # ex; illumination 1 setting. Richt now i've put , I5 for the socket number S5. Is that ok? Thanks again for your time.

Matthias
22.08.2009, 09:33
the function of each socket can be set, there is no fixed relationship between socket number and illumination channel

-> see "socket function" in the manual (under extras or system - depends on your firmware version)