PDA

View Full Version : Software crashed...Can't get it into download mode.

Doahh
20.08.2009, 03:52
The profilux control II software crashed during the software update. AAll I get on the screen is all the pixels on the top row being lit. It will not go into download mode.

Doahh
20.08.2009, 04:11
and I did try the fujiotsu flasher thing right to the specs in the manual

Matthias
20.08.2009, 11:23
Is this a USB connection? Maybe this is not stable enought, ProfiLuxCOntrol crashes only when a problem with USB occurs.

Maybe you try to recover the firmware on a PC with a native RS232 or you try another USB-converter

Doahh
20.08.2009, 23:41
I am using the RS232 onnection through a usb serial adapter.
There is no problem with that and it worked fine just before the software crashed. What I need to know is why my controller will not go into Download mode (Blank Screen). It remains all the pixels on the top row are lit, all the blue LEDs are lit and there are no pixles lit on the bottom.

No computers in this modern day have a built in RS232 connection...

With the jumper installed the bove happens... nothing changes between jumper and no jumper.

Matthias
22.08.2009, 08:59
There is a problem with this USB-RS232 converter or with your operating system otherwise the update would not have failed! That communication sometimes works is no proof for a good and stable connection.

Please follow our recommendations and instructions otherwise we are not able to help you and we will get nowhere.

The problem is the converter, maybe the driver or Vista. The ProfiLux has now no firmware at all and you have to recover the firmware with the FlashLX tool exactly according to the instructions. If even the recovery with this tool does not work than you must use another converter, check the driver (update?) or use another machine with native RS232. BTW - these problems with reliability of USB are exactly the reason why we have still RS232 onboard. All professional equipment has still a RS232 port.

Summary
- start FlashLX, check the COM-setting there
- unpower ProfiLux
- set jumper!
- power ProfiLux
- click "Full operation"
- click "OK"
- result? if bad - what is exactly the problem?

Doahh
23.08.2009, 03:07
OK so in the Fujitsu program I select Com 04 where my USB to serial shows up. Every button but full operation and download are unselectable.
If I do Full Operation it says S Format Decoder. Address Error in 3 while it is decoding the HEX file.
If I do Download, at 7/8 it says
ERROR!! MCH : 18H
No.001 Download Error

When I try to hit Download again it gets to 2 of 8 and says
ERROR!! MCH : 32H
No.001 Download Error

I think this has to do with my controller not going into Download Mode. You say the screen should be blank. The top row of pixels are all lit black. The bottom row is not.
I have tried a second computer and get the same results.
Different adaptor and get the same results
it is the cord that came with the profilux.
The jumper is in place.

When in Download mode should any LEDs be lit?
In the Fujitsu flasher what should all the settings be at?
What firmware should I be trying to download? I have tried 4.00 4.01 4.06 and 4.07 all with the same results.

There is a file in the Fulitsu flasher folder called Flash.cnt. Should I rename that to Flash.cnv and use that?

Doahh
23.08.2009, 03:52
Oh Wow... I feel like an idiot now.
I read the back of the microcontroller and plugged that into the fujitsu flasher.. Works great now.

fabiomicro
15.09.2010, 20:48
I have the same problem with my PROFILUX 3ex. it crash during my first firmware update 5.00q(original from box) to 5.03a(beta). I did the firmware update using a VISTA-32bit laptop with a belkin usb-serial adapter. Went out today and bought a usb-serial adapter at best buy by DYNEX and it installed perfectly on my laptop WIN7 64bit. After reading several threads...i am currently in the same situation as DOAHH. I cannot figure how to reflash the controller with the FLASH FR program. Under setting i checked COM5 which is the same info from laptop device manager PROLIFIC USB-SERIAL COM PORT(COM5). After that power on PROFILUX 3 and pressed FULL OPERATION...got ERROR No.101 please set HEX FILE. Looked for hex file since its blank and no file to match S format file. Need help.

fabiomicro
15.09.2010, 20:49
one thing i didnt understand is what do you mean by " SET JUMPER"????

Blahenazo
15.09.2010, 21:30
the P2(ex) needed to be opened and you needed to change a jumper to put it in flash mode. (matthias described the P2 procedure above)

if you are trying to flash a P3 you need to follow these instructions
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?1274-ProfiLux-3-What-to-do-in-the-case-a-firmware-update-failed

fabiomicro
15.09.2010, 21:41
GREAT it worked.... now i have to learn how to read in German to change the language settings of the PROFILUX to english. thanks!!

GHL Support
16.09.2010, 06:54
On the ProfiLux go to menu Extras->Sprache->Englisch
...and save. Now the language should be in English.